Spring 2012 Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it! I was really looking forward to this because the last one was so much fun, but I have a previous engagement on the other side of the mountain, so you guys have a great time. For the "first timers", you will both enjoy it, and learn a lot.

I'm going down to GPS to get the suspension upgrade before heading to the PNW Tech Meet. I'd like to take some of the "back" roads from Oregon City to Auburn and I'm wondering if Hwy. 25 (runs up the east side of Mt. St. Helens) is open between Northwoods and Randle . Anyone know?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going down to GPS to get the suspension upgrade before heading to the PNW Tech Meet. I'd like to take some of the "back" roads from Oregon City to Auburn and I'm wondering if Hwy. 25 (runs up the east side of Mt. St. Helens) is open between Northwoods and Randle . Anyone know?

I'm thinking no.

I assume you mean Forset service road #25. No it won't be open until sometime in july probably due to snow this year. Your best bet is to look towards the coast for anything that might be twisty as everything else other than the major passes is closed with snow.

I assume you mean Forset service road #25. No it won't be open until sometime in july probably due to snow this year. Your best bet is to look towards the coast for anything that might be twisty as everything else other than the major passes is closed with snow.
Je suis fuckez encore! Since I'll be slabbing it all the way down to Oregon on the I5, where I expect to be bored and/or terrorized, I was hoping for a bit of fun on the twisties on the way back to try out the new suspension.

Je suis fuckez encore! Since I'll be slabbing it all the way down to Oregon on the I5, where I expect to be bored and/or terrorized, I was hoping for a bit of fun on the twisties on the way back to try out the new suspension.

Just watch for Super Troopers on the I-5. I picked up a performance award on my way to GPS last summer. A kindly legal beagle got my award revoked, citing my absolute inability to ride a bike quickly as proof the award was undeserved. :)

"Je suis fuckez encore!" - now that's just funny! :D

I'd be a newbie but would like to meet everyone at the Tech Meet, watch the masters, and maybe flush my brake fluid with a new front stainless line. Met a Softie at the Village Cafe in Redmond, who told me about the group but never was able track down you all until this planned gig! i would need some directions, plus how to help out on food!

By the way, what are pair blocks?

FJokeR07 Black Cherry

Holeshot set/PC3 by Nells/Ohlins

Any interest in my OEM 2007 header-system OR the stock mufflers? (removed re Holeshot system)

Could be a hairy bungy project :dribble: , but if there's interest I'll give it a try to bring them along.

Randy

FJokeR07

Won't be able to make it to the tech day so Bryan was kind enough to open up his garage this afternoon and help out a lot with a front tire swap. Really big thanks to him!

Hope you all have a great time.

Won't be able to make it to the tech day so Bryan was kind enough to open up his garage this afternoon and help out a lot with a front tire swap. Really big thanks to him!

You be safe on your trip back East.

Will do. Packing and prepping tonight. Getting a few little odds and ends tomorrow. Then it's show time.

Will do. Packing and prepping tonight. Getting a few little odds and ends tomorrow. Then it's show time.
Get lot's of photo's and write a good story. Be safe!

Get lot's of photo's and write a good story. Be safe!
I may just do a time-lapse of the entire thing if possible. I'll have my GoPro setup and will have it running for most of the trip. I've scheduled a few stops along the way for some off the bike photos. The story...we'll see. I'm not the best story-teller.

:clapping:

I had a schedule conflict and was going to miss this, but now the conflicting event has been postponed so I'm in.

No projects scheduled, but willing to lend a hand where needed, just ask.

Hey Wingshot, breakfast? Same time, same place?

I had a schedule conflict and was going to miss this, but now the conflicting event has been postponed so I'm in.

That's good news Jim!

I think were going to have a table with stuff for sale so if you have stuff that has been sitting around and you want to get ride of it bring it.

Any chance you might be interested in getting there a bit earlier? I was hoping to do a fork flush and wanted to have enough time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a newbe to these events and would like to attend. I don't have anything that needs to be worked on but would like to take the opportunity to meet a few folks and lend a helping hand. Is there still space? Is anybody riding up from the Portland, OR area?