STAGECOACH XVII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be headed up Sunday am also. Going to ride up to Mims and join up with Jim (fljab) andRide up for the dinner. Got to go riding the 26th-27th on a project then get the bike ready (Tires)

Saturday.

Then early Sunday it's "Hello Alabama"

1st Stagecoach !
Man, I hope I can keep up!!

I can't do tires on the 27th (company at the house - or maybe we meet somewhere - I forget...), but can on the 26th if you want to come up.
I swapped out the rear with a used rear that I brought back from the IBR. I think it has around 15k on it now and I am hoping to ride another 2k on it the 26th - 27th.

I can try the spoons here if you are not available the 28th. I think it took a little more than 2 hours last time. The front - I have no idea ... wait... 19k - I think .

I will most likely not have the fuel cell unless I can pick up some O-rings fast. I seem to ride slower in cold weather (?)

And now I foresee 3 forum members flying up I-95 on Sunday morning.

The Goldwing running scout, a gen 2 running middle and a gen1 bringing up the rear ... with a whining sound coming from the rider (Something about his back ?)
punk.gif

===
bike.gif
===
bike.gif
===
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, as much as I'd like to join all of you on this ride, I am not going to make it. You southerners have fun!

I just got my room. The Windwood Inn is filling up. Only smoking rooms left. Call directly as the travel sites show them sold out.

I was planning to wait until after Traxxion got a peek inside my new (used) shock but they have a good cancellation policy.

Looking forward to some good eats!

Update:

The shock is a go!

Now If I can just follow their advice to quit obsessing over measurements and ride the damn thing.

I just got my room. The Windwood Inn is filling up. Only smoking rooms left. Call directly as the travel sites show them sold out.I was planning to wait until after Traxxion got a peek inside my new (used) shock but they have a good cancellation policy.

Looking forward to some good eats!

Update:

The shock is a go!

Now If I can just follow their advice to quit obsessing over measurements and ride the damn thing.
3 of us riding Tomorrow from the forum. Greg (Travel_Man) on a Goldwing, Jim (flab) on a '09 and I on an '05

I will run SPOT (Until the batteries die) :

SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - My 1st Stagecoach

Hope to see you there !

I'll be looking for you guys!

I'm the balding old wet fat guy in a stich.

Now that I am reasonably satisfied with my suspension setup, I have an intermittent code 14 on cold start. I suspect a bit of sludge in a vacuum line. It is entirely to damn nasty out to pull the tank and see.

You southerners...temps drop into the 40's and 50's and it's cold!!!
cold.gif
bleh.gif

We got ~ 4 inches of rain the day before , so it is still feeling pretty damp. Probably why it feels colder than it is. The wife and I plan to be there around 10.

Honey I'm home

It was a blast meeting you guys.

And rather humbling to be in the presence of greatness.

I'm still in awe they will let just any bozo in there ;)

Home also ...

What a blast !!! Looks like I found a yearly event I want to attend - But with heated gear next year
cold.gif

Great meeting everyone ... but only around 10 fjrs
uhoh.gif

Oh BTW - rolled 50k for the year on the way home
punk.gif

I made it home ~7:30; I didn't stay to the very end. I wanted to get across the panhandle before dark.

I was a lot of fun even if a tad chilly. And yes, northern snide remarks are accepted, but I moved South for a reason!

Greg Rice, me with my favorite Ironbutt mag, and Tony. I didn't get a pic of Chuck...

Here's a (Back) shot of Chuck with Rick

Oldest rider making the ride: (78 years young)

And the rider who rode the longest distance (Washington state to Alabama via San Diego)

Who else but MR. 9 IBRs Veteran !

Stagecoach was a good time as usual. It was good to ride a few miles with Tony and Jim. There was 14 IBR vets there and we took a group photo.