There really is a first time for everything

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that you were a naysayer, but I've heard si many previous Gen owners dismiss the ES based on what they read on paper (or digital screen). However, you said it best, "The best way to sell one of these bikes, IMO, is to get some asses in the seats and let them experience just how good they are."
Congrats on the purchase and hope to see you at an event some day soon.

Allen (ES #15)
I see a lot of Gen1 guys cringing in their seats with one of their mighty leaders jumping ship... BUT!... when Mr. RadioHowie actually jumps ship, then you got some headlines. lol

Not that you were a naysayer, but I've heard si many previous Gen owners dismiss the ES based on what they read on paper (or digital screen). However, you said it best, "The best way to sell one of these bikes, IMO, is to get some asses in the seats and let them experience just how good they are."
Congrats on the purchase and hope to see you at an event some day soon.

Allen (ES #15)
I see a lot of Gen1 guys cringing in their seats with one of their mighty leaders jumping ship... BUT!... when Mr. RadioHowie actually jumps ship, then you got some headlines. lol
I want a Wasserboxer!!

Hey KJ...

Don't you need to delete that 2009 ABS AE from your profile? You FJR posuer!

bleh.gif

I want a Wasserboxer!!
Sure, they'll sell you one... but then you can't ride it.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey KJ...

bleh.gif
I could, but since the buyer guy defunct-a-sized on his balance owed (check payment form), I'm in re-possession. So technically that title still holds water.

Yes, I had to go strong arm it back... sometimes being a big-boi has it's benefits.

Congrats! I bought my 2104 FJR (non-ES) from them in June and I love it (I especially love the red). The people at MoMs are great people to work with. Very friendly and accommodating. I wanted to go up for the demo rides, but I had was out of town last weekend.

Hey KJ...

bleh.gif
I could, but since the buyer guy defunct-a-sized on his balance owed (check payment form), I'm in re-possession. So technically that title still holds water.

Yes, I had to go strong arm it back... sometimes being a big-boi has it's benefits.
Really? The guy handed you a rubber check? Oh man, what an asshat. Anyone we know? Out the low life!!

Well at least you still have a reliable bike in the garage...
laugh.png

Congrats! I bought my 2104 FJR (non-ES) from them in June and I love it (I especially love the red). The people at MoMs are great people to work with. Very friendly and accommodating. I wanted to go up for the demo rides, but I had was out of town last weekend.
I may have seen you riding around. I've seen a couple of '14's around the 'hood in the past month or two. Out on Rte 202 west we passed one on our way back from vacation.

Cringing? Na. I only fuss half the year. Come October when yall start yer yappin' about how cold you are, I'll be LOVIN' my Gen 1. It's like havin' yer own personal oven when ya ride. Heated gear without the gear... I got heated everything from my belly down to my toes.

An Howie? Ha. He can't jump ship. He'd have to wash his FJR for the stealership to figger out what year it is... and that ain't gonna happen.

Gary

darksider #44

T - 3 days and counting, but I already have some inbound packages for the new bike (that I technically don't even own yet)
tonguesmiley.gif

Givi SR357 trunk mount coming from Revzilla (everyone is the same price and they had one in stock).

Will move my old V46 box over to the new bike. Josie doesn't like to ride on the bike at all without a back rest / safety net of having the trunk on. I'll have to color coordinate the lid later somehow. Either Gary or ...?

SW Motech Sliders, TechSpec Snakeskin side and top tank protectors, and a Fenda Extenda from Twisted Throttle.

Will move my Bags Connection City EVO tank bag and the mounting ring from the '05.

Will most likely also move my LEDrider LR4 aux lights over, but have to work out something for spacing the stock mirrors out to faring level, and I'll have to wait till I have the bike to do all that. Not sure if I'll be sticking with the stock mirrors (spaced out somehow) or going back to the FZ1's that I'm already used to. There are some SW Motech mirror spacers on Twisted Throttle, but I'm not sure if they will accomplish what I want

Sheesh... is it Friday yet?
hyper.gif

T - 3 days and counting, but I already have some inbound packages for the new bike (that I technically don't even own yet) :tonguesmiley:
Givi SR357 trunk mount coming from Revzilla (everyone is the same price and they had one in stock).

Will move my old V46 box over to the new bike. Josie doesn't like to ride on the bike at all without a back rest / safety net of having the trunk on. I'll have to color coordinate the lid later somehow. Either Gary or ...?

SW Motech Sliders, TechSpec Snakeskin side and top tank protectors, and a Fenda Extenda from Twisted Throttle.

Will move my Bags Connection City EVO tank bag and the mounting ring from the '05.

Will most likely also move my LEDrider LR4 aux lights over, but have to work out something for spacing the stock mirrors out to faring level, and I'll have to wait till I have the bike to do all that. Not sure if I'll be sticking with the stock mirrors (spaced out somehow) or going back to the FZ1's that I'm already used to. There are some SW Motech mirror spacers on Twisted Throttle, but I'm not sure if they will accomplish what I want

Sheesh... is it Friday yet? :hyper:
Pretty sure you're going to need some of Dave's new yet-to-be designed for the Gen III Mirror Spacers and Light Mounts. JSNS

Not Friday yet but I have to ask (but I think I know the answer) Will Fred go directly home ? or will he take a more...ummm indirect route back to Casa Fred??? Any taker's?? he may have to pick up a oil filter to use when he rolls in! Good luck with the new ride! Oh I' m already feeling a little Friday sickness coming on (cough , cough)

Not trying to bypass Gary here, but, I'm pretty sure that Givi sell the color matched lid (red) for the V46 as a separate item. Mine's red and matches perfectly.

Not Friday yet but I have to ask (but I think I know the answer) Will Fred go directly home ? or will he take a more...ummm indirect route back to Casa Fred??? Any taker's?? he may have to pick up a oil filter to use when he rolls in! Good luck with the new ride! Oh I' m already feeling a little Friday sickness coming on (cough , cough)
You can bet that I will not be riding directly home. Josie's gonna drop me off to pick it up, but then I'll be waving G'bye for the rest of the day. I'll try to stretch out the 600 miles to the first oil change until Sunday afternoon (it is a 3 4 day weekend!)

Not trying to bypass Gary here, but, I'm pretty sure that Givi sell the color matched lid (red) for the V46 as a separate item. Mine's red and matches perfectly.
I do not see any colors anymore. I did look for that as I knew there was a red lid atone time, but they seem to have been discontinued.

There should be some down time for the new bike this winter (I won't be quite so cavalier with a new bike about subjecting it to New England road brine), besides I will still have the crusty Man-strom to ride in winter, and can get the trunk lid matched while I'm getting the seats re-done by Russell.

I may have seen you riding around. I've seen a couple of '14's around the 'hood in the past month or two. Out on Rte 202 west we passed one on our way back from vacation.
It may have been; I'm out on the bike all the time. I usually use it to commute to work in Maine. At the company I work for there are three 2014s.

Wow! Congrats. Just got tipped off to this thread today. While I'm not surprised that you you took the plunge, I am surprised how by how quickly you did! About a year ago you and Joann were probably wondering what you would be doing this August after making the decision to step away from NERDS 2014. I'd say an epic adventure AND a new bike more than filled the void.

Enjoy your weekend of bonding!