VIR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Angus
Reaction score
Wondering how many are going to VIR in Aug 15-17 AMA Superbike Championship

Plus Jason Britton's stunt bike show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to go... but probably won't. I went a couple of years ago... boy, that was an eye opener! My first time & when those guys come down that straight they are haulin' ass!

Angus, I think that I'm going to take a day ride out to VIR on Sunday morning to see the finals. I'm out around 3ish hours from the venue. Are you guys riding out there?

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there...saw some fjrs and ran into a fellow EOM alumni. Boring superbike race as usual but awesome event none the less.

Boring? The last time that I went it certainly wasn't boring.

That said, I didn't get to go this year. I was too busy riding w/ some of the NC crew & Teerex51 in and outside of Blowing Rock, NC.

As I rode home on Rte 58 & was passing the road to VIR I was wondering who won this year.

I went to the race this year. It was good but I have not been following racing this year like I had in the past. For me it makes it much better if you know the points leaders & have favorite riders/teams before seeing the event.

We had a great time a freind and I did the parade lap loved it seen three Blue FJRs and 1 Black Cherry. Had a 7 dollar burger and 5 dollar beer. Matt Maladin dominated the race.

Boring? The last time that I went it certainly wasn't boring.
That said, I didn't get to go this year. I was too busy riding w/ some of the NC crew & Teerex51 in and outside of Blowing Rock, NC.

As I rode home on Rte 58 & was passing the road to VIR I was wondering who won this year.

Yes it "certainly" was a boring Superbike race....that's correct, that's what I said. Not a boring event though and the other races were better.

I didn't miss what you said. Sorry that there was little joy for you.