Where are you getting your ECU replaced at?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, having rode 3 FJRs
Reaction score
Hey peeps! Has anyone got their ECU recall done yet? If so, where did u take it? How did they do?

Hi fjrchik, Had mine done at Stadium Yamaha in Irving off 183 and McAuther . Took recall letter to them and they called me when they had it in. (1 week) We set up a date and I picked it up the next afternoon.

They said it would only take 1/2 hr. or so if I had time to wait but I could not work that out.

They did a great job. Service Managers name is Jason. Bike was bought elsewhere but they will be doing anything I can not do.

Have a great Week. Harold

only a 1/2 hour?? heck yeah! good deal. i had a feeling they had done one or 2 already and that's who i'd be going to. just hate to try to arrange a ride home from them. but i can wait, no problemo!

thanks for the info! see ya saturday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand Sons are coming in from Houston this weekend so I will be busy with them.(dirt bikes) Hope to make the next ride. Hope everone has a nice ride this weekend. Harold

I had mine done earlier this year at Richardson Motorsports (I think that's the name of the dealer...). Central expressway at Spring Valley in Richardson. I went by before the holidays and had them order the part. The service manager was already aware of the campaign. Got a call early in the new year, rode by and had the new ECU installed during lunch. Couldn't be easier. BTW, I can't tell the difference, but my bike hasn't left Dallas since the change.

- JimY

Stadium Yamaha in Irving also did mine. Great service! Took about an hour 'cause I had them do a TBS at the same time. There the only dealer in the area I trust to touch my bike. They got all the farkles including my Audiovox CC back in place without a hitch.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Guess I'll finally be meeting the guys at Stadium!

Anyone used Yamaha West near Ridgemar Mall?

I went by there today and told him I had purchased a used FJR. He looked up my vin and verified I needed the switch. He ordered an ECU but later called me and said their sister location in Hurst had one and it will be shipped over tomorrow. I told him I had a power commander and he said no problem. He said he has the maps and could reload the stock map if for some reason it lost it.

He also said it would take about 30 minutes. He said they had already done about 3 ECU swaps.

I have never had them do anything on a bike, just ordered parts. I may try to get over there this Saturday.

Another question, does the new ECU reset the odometer to zero?

I got mine done today since I was off. It took about 30 minutes. They let me watch while they did it. It was pretty simple, plug and play basically. I told them I had a power commander but that did not matter, everything seems to be just like it was before I did the switch. This was the 3rd one this particular tech had done.

had mine done at San Jose Yamaha where I bought the bike. I was able to ride from the office, get the ECU swapped, and ride back all within my hour lunchtime.

had mine done at San Jose Yamaha where I bought the bike. I was able to ride from the office, get the ECU swapped, and ride back all within my hour lunchtime.
san jose you say? yeah....i think i can do that and be back for work in Dallas at 2!