Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0Face

Reaction score
October 6th - 9th (Thursday to Sunday) 2016. In the Harrison area of Arkansas.

Holiday Inn Express, Harrison, AR Phone# 870-741-3636

October 6 -9th. Group rate under "FJR" is $93.00.

Don't be fooled by the Quality Inn rate of $77.00 it's Non-Refundable. Their refundable rate is $90, but I think the HIE has a nicer facility and a better free breakfast. there are also plenty of other choices if you want to stay somewhere else.

Route files can be found here: Clicky

They're in separate folders as GDB and GPX files and there is a JPG folder that has image files of the routes.

Routes:

1. Mt Magazine 435: A long ride that goes south of I40 and stops for BBQ at Franks Hickory House on the way back north.
2. Mt Magazine 377: A little shorter without BBQ
3. Oark Store 225: Burgers, Pie and Ice cream JSNS!
4. Push Mtn Loop 305: Clockwise with a stop at Frank's
5. Push Mtn Loop 330 No BBQ: Counter-clockwise no BBQ slightly squigglier.

Now hear this!!!

I am not responsible if the route goes over a cliff, sends you down a gravel road, or you just don't like it. I have ridden all of these and they worked for me and that's all I really care about. So, suck on that.

1. As for riding groups: I DO NOT like riding in huge groups. 1 - 6 is my preferred group size. I will not be leading a 10-20 bike train. If you want to do that, have at it.

2. I'm not organizing groups. Please, please, please ride with people of comparable pace and if you find yourself in over your head there is not a fkn thing to be embarrassed about slowing it down. Trust me, I've made the pride mistake. It tends to be painful.

3. I ride at a spirited pace, unless I eat too much BBQ and ice cream/pie, then it's a struggle to stay awake. My advice is: Don't follow me.

Ride your own ride, don't over-do it. Arkansas is a pain in the ass to get home from without your bike.

Make sure somebody (not me) has your emergency contact info just in case.

I'm happy to put these things together but you're all big-boys & girls act responsibly.

Once again... RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE.

That is all.

Who's in:

0face
Gramps
WheatonFJR
Griff
Allen_C
Petey
Prestone
LiquidSilver
zzzzip
BlacknWhite23
RJAMT
NTXFJR
pjrep4
GruntUSMC
RaYzerman19

Maybe:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to pull some strings, but I will try to make both EOM and Hooterville this year. Gotta make up lost time from last year...

Sounds good. Lucky i'm in the neighborhood
punk.gif

IN, and happy to be a part of the grandma group with my rev limiter set slightly below Mach 2.

(Thank goodness, the Jackets are at Pitt that weekend. Why y'all got to be scheduling stuff during college football season?!?!)

IN, and happy to be a part of the grandma group with my rev limiter set slightly below Mach 2.
(Thank goodness, the Jackets are at Pitt that weekend. Why y'all got to be scheduling stuff during college football season?!?!)
Where were you 11 years ago when this shindig got started. I have not heard one complaint about October riding before...you some sorta sissypants or sumpin?

:)

Eleven years ago, I was 22 years old and had never heard of a Yamaha FJR.

Want to ride out together?

Great there is time to change tires between EOM and Hooterville...Calendar marked. I vote for stationary..
innocent.gif

You'll need adult supervision so better count me in, and maybe Angus too if the weather and motel is dog friendly.

Woo Hoo!
zwazwg.jpg

I wonder if the little dive, Viburnum Inn in Viburnum MO could handle an event as prestigious as this. (?)

It's on my calendar! AND if Petey runs out of tires again, I can pull some takeoffs out of 'tire gully' at my ranch. LOL
Checked it out, you can barely see it on Google and no website. Not a lot of food options nearby? I'm up for just about anything. All we really need is food & gas nearby... Ice cream helps, and a motel that's not stinky...

Although if they're swimming in the water tower, I can deal... Wheatie has dibs on the one on the right...