Looking for a list of stock tools

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a shop day with some other Yamaha and Aprilla riders. Tools were flying all around the garage and now I'm looking at whats left in my stock tool bag and wondering ..... is that all of it. I've searched for a list of the stock tool set but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Nik

QUOTE (Nikk @ Apr 15 2008, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking at whats left in my stock tool bag and wondering ..... is that all of it. I've searched for a list of the stock tool set but no luck.
-Nik
Nik -

This is a photo I took of the supplied toolkit of my '06. The hex keys are 4mm and 6mm. Hope that helps.

1_DSCF5267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Them plyers on the left are the cat's ass.....I took them out of the kit and use them at work.....they are so top notch.

two things I'm disappointed with are the saddle bags and this useless tool kit. if anyone has made repairs on the side of the road with this hand full of line sinkers I'd like to know what.

I'm going to replace it with a tire plugger kit, a and quarter.

I just spent $32.00 for a 19mm long arm allen wrench to remove the front wheel, I must have been dreaming when I thought there might be a tool in the kit to take a wheel off.

I'm sure the canucks have another saying for it.....probably has something to do with seals or caribou or somthing.

The pliers are useless- they are NOT metric! I replaced them with metric pliers and a metric crescent wrench.

:clapping:

I just spent $32.00 for a 19mm long arm allen wrench to remove the front wheel, I must have been dreaming when I thought there might be a tool in the kit to take a wheel off.
Maybe a bit late for you but hopefully good for somebody seeing it, but I found a spark plug socket at Sears, 5/8", the hex top is (ta-da!) 19mm. (Actually SAE, but microscopically close enough to 19mm) And. . . the drive hole is square all the way through the top end of the socket. Yank the rubbr boot out of it, put a 3" extension through the inside of the socket, and you have a 19mm hex key! 4 bucks for the socket.

DSC_0027.jpg

I'm sure the canucks have another saying for it.....probably has something to do with seals or caribou or somthing.
:unsure: Was just pullin the FJR out of the Igloo thinkin' a track drive for the rear and a ski on the front would make this machine the 'seal's blubber'! :p

Would it be considered a hi-jack if I asked what people think should be added and/or replaced on the stock kit?

:unsure: Was just pullin the FJR out of the Igloo thinkin' a track drive for the rear and a ski on the front would make this machine the 'seal's blubber'! :p

Would it be considered a hi-jack if I asked what people think should be added and/or replaced on the stock kit?
Replace everything, and add alot!

I carry a small assortment of tools with me ranging from your typical tools (screwdriver, pliers) to some more 'advanced' tools (butane soldiering iron). I try to keep enough tools on me to to minor to moderate repairs on the road if I have to. So far, I haven't needed some of the tools, but its nice to know that I have them there.

"Seal's blubber"? You ain't even close to any seals there in alberta. Now, iffn you was from the yukon territory...I might believe ya.

I'm looking at whats left in my stock tool bag and wondering ..... is that all of it. I've searched for a list of the stock tool set but no luck.-Nik
Nik -

This is a photo I took of the supplied toolkit of my '06. The hex keys are 4mm and 6mm. Hope that helps.

1_DSCF5267.JPG
mcatrophy -

Thanks huge for the pic.!!!! That was awesome! To my surprise it looks like I still have all my tools! Now I just need to improve the kits utility; but that is a different thread.

Thanks again!

-Nik

Maybe a bit late for you but hopefully good for somebody seeing it, but I found a spark plug socket at Sears, 5/8", the hex top is (ta-da!) 19mm.

Better buy a socket with a 3/4 hex if your looking for 19MM.

Does anyone have a part number for this Sears spark plugs socket with a 19mm end?

Does anyone have a part number for this Sears spark plugs socket with a 19mm end?
It's not just a Sears thing.

also, keep in mind that 19mm is 0.74803 inches. That's the same as a 3/4" hex socket to you and me ;)

"Seal's blubber"? You ain't even close to any seals there in alberta. Now, iffn you was from the yukon territory...I might believe ya.
Figgers, Bearly flyins on the road when we need a sarcastic canook response.

I tossed the whole kit an bought "real" shit. That stamped stuff makes for good cussin material. <_<

:jester:

My socket is Craftsman #34671. What makes it different is that the 3/8" drive square goes all the way through to the inside of the socket, there's not a smaller round hole at the top of the well. Most of the sockets I've seen won't let you stick the extension in from inside.

Them thar westernucks are closer to the praire oysters.