..and now for something totally different (M Python)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year gang - well since rack orders have dropped off a bit, I spent some time making up a set of these - muffler tailcones. No mods to the stock muffler were required. If there's enough interest, I may be able to make some more up.

Tailcones-B.jpg

Tailcones-A.jpg

It's that mix of regular air and nitrogen he's using that requires that many weights. The regular air has a habit of clumping up in areas since it's heavier then nitrogen.

Can't believe somebody finally thought of this besides me.

Your's boast of far more beautiful machining, and I am sure are a superior quality product. My Left Coast version however, cost me $1.60 (for both) and after cutting the 1" ID - .06 stainless tubing diagonally on one end, I just pounded them into the mufflers with a mallett. :D

DSCF3366.jpg

Why wouldn't they work for the Gen II bikes - aren't the mufflers the same? I would have a shop with a CNC lathe machine the blanks out and I would do the final machining and PC. Cost would be dependent on the price I get from the shop, but I am hoping to have them available for under $100. I could PC them in chrome or other colors as well.

I was wondering about the weights as well when I got the wheel, but it rode fine. I have a tire changer on order and plan to PC the wheels in satin black (like the tailcones) at the next tire change.

Why wouldn't they work for the Gen II bikes - aren't the mufflers the same? I would have a shop with a CNC lathe machine the blanks out and I would do the final machining and PC. Cost would be dependent on the price I get from the shop, but I am hoping to have them available for under $100. I could PC them in chrome or other colors as well.
I'm not sure why they wouldn't. I'm just asking. Here's mine...

P1000360.JPG

And just when you reach the point where you think your finally done.

Along comes Garauld B)

Very NICE!!!!!!

They DO look Cool!! How about a pair in stainless w/ a satin finish to match the silencers? I'd like them best if they looked prettty much like they grew there! I actually like the stock cans as they are better than many of the aftermarket options, but a touch more cone taper is cool!! ...lets see, could you make 'em in a 5mph "bumper" variant? While I'm more into function, I'd be talkin' thru my teeth if I didn't admit to spending more than [your estimated cost] on Bling a time or two!

and plan to PC the wheels in satin black (like the tailcones) at the next tire change.
Oh no! I can't afford this! Yet have been thinking, 'what if' ? Gary you bastard!!!

Make sure you post pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they modify the sound at all?
Not that I can tell, but our testing agency in Nairobi says they add 15% more hp, 23% better gas mileage, gives less tire wear, and if you order one, they'll give you a free ticket for the Commonwealth Lottery...

oooh, very very nice!! i haven't bought anything new for my baby in a while, wish i could swing a set! hopefully soon.

that color would look sweet on the black bikes!