Wednesday May 25

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Just wanted to post up that I'll be taking the boys on a loop from Grass Valley over to Oroville and up the Feather River Canyon to Quincy for lunch at the Courthouse Cafe. Back to Grass Valley via LaPorte Rd if open by then. If not and we have time we may swing by the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola.

This isn't a JB city type museum with paintings but rather a former(and still) working shop with grease, dirt and wonderful diesel odors. Works of railroad art in motion.

I'll post up a meeting location in Grass Valley as we get closer, let me know if you can join us. See post #17

So far we have-

The Boys from Illinois

Sac Mike

Me and a couple non FJR types which may include a Kawi 500 triple.

FJRob and a few of his peeps.

Maybe's we are counting on:

Bluestreak

Rogdeb

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could spend more time down south with Y'all. Some great rides being put together... :rolleyes:

I seem to remember that May 25th or thereabouts has some other significance, eh? Is my memory still good wheatie? ;)

--G

Wish I could spend more time down south with Y'all. Some great rides being put together... :rolleyes:

I seem to remember that May 25th or thereabouts has some other significance, eh? Is my memory still good wheatie? ;)

--G
Yep, you nailed it. If you hang around you can buy me a round on my birthday...I believe yours is a few days before that...so I'll buy you one when I see you earlier in the trip.

SacMike, are you riding with us Wednesday :clapping:

Just noticed this question, Mark. For sure, I'll be down for some riding the Friday before, then dinner and Sat breakfast in Santa Clara, then have to head back to Sac. I probably won't do both Weds and Thurs, and if the meeting place for Thursday is going to be Auburn, that one would be easier for me to get to by KSU time than Grass Valley. Still, some of those roads would be new to me, so I'm torn. Kind of waiting till plans firm up a little more in these threads.

Just noticed this question, Mark. For sure, I'll be down for some riding the Friday before, then dinner and Sat breakfast in Santa Clara, then have to head back to Sac. I probably won't do both Weds and Thurs, and if the meeting place for Thursday is going to be Auburn, that one would be easier for me to get to by KSU time than Grass Valley. Still, some of those roads would be new to me, so I'm torn. Kind of waiting till plans firm up a little more in these threads.
Wow...I hope I didn't just hear what I thought I heard. :lol:

<shocked> Gonna pass up roads you've NEVER ridden for some sleepy time? :eek: <shocked> Let me guess...you're retired now and waking up early is just too d@mn hard. :D

j/k witcha. Look forward to seeing you sometime during the trip...whenever it is.

However, Bugnatr's route looks pretty darn tasty to me. :clapping:

Well, crap, I sign on today and see "Wheatie's birthday dinner" on Wednesday. Guess that seals it for me. Wednesday it is. ...
th_thumbs-up-emoticon.gif

What a sucky ride! NorCal roads stink! <_<

Who would ever go on such a crappy ride on Hwy70?

Good luck fools. :D

I wish I could go. You clowns guys have the best roads. Feather River Canyon, Quincy etc, I love those places.... I'm pinin' for them. ;)

Where ya'll gonna be on Thursday the 26th? The Mrs. and I have a ride in appt at Rick Mayer's in Anderson that day and if done early enough, she may be up for another couple of hundred miles to break in that new seat. Notwithstanding the fact that we have an additional 600 + scheduled for the next couple of days after that!

Where ya'll gonna be on Thursday the 26th? The Mrs. and I have a ride in appt at Rick Mayer's in Anderson that day and if done early enough, she may be up for another couple of hundred miles to break in that new seat. Notwithstanding the fact that we have an additional 600 + scheduled for the next couple of days after that!
We're doing the "back way" to Tahoe from Auburn, around the Lake and back down to Auburn, John. Most of the "back way" is old Hwy 40, but I've got change ups between going up and coming back down -- lotsa scenery and great twisty stuff . . . before the tourist cagers jam the roads around Tahoe looking at everything but the road and motorcycles on it. KSU is 9:30 am from the Starbucks at the Foresthill exit on I-80 in Auburn. You missed this ride last year, too. :(

My apppointment at Rick Mayer took all of 1 hour and 15 minutes, and it was the single best personal comfort investment I ever made. I hope your back side feels as good as mine, you will have to take my word on that....

FWFE

Just to update: WED. 25th meet 8:45 ish at Riebes NAPA Auto parts store next to the 76 station on Idaho Maryland Rd., Grass Valley. Kick stands up 9am.

For Sac Mike and others from the flat land we can meet you at 9:30 at the gas station at Hwy 20 and Marysville Rd. (less than 10 miles east of Marysville) let me know if this is best for you.

From there we may run up to Forbestown road and down into Oroville the back way if everyone is willing or we can just cut over to hwy 70 on up to Quincy for lunch and on to Portola RR Museum for a quick walk about. Should be back to Grass Valley via 49 about 5-6 pm.