Yo...yoyo.......semite!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
It's time to get serious about the annual Yosemite trip. For those riders that have never been on our trip, we will do basically the same format as before, we'll meet Friday night in Oakhurst. On Sat, we'll run down to the valley floor, take a break at the lodge, then run over Tioga Pass, have lunch in Lee Vining ( or maybe Mammoth ), and stash our gear in the hotel. After that those who want to can make a run on " The Outer Limits ", that is 120 east of 395 out to Benton and back. This is where the FJR can breath fire, ya know what I mean? Sunday the Norcal group will head back over 108, Socal will ride ... ?

The hotel where we usually meet, the Oakhurst Lodge, is booked up so I have found a cool place to stay. The place only has 21 rooms and two are currently booked. So lets reserve up ASAP. The Sierra Sky Ranch is a converted cattle ranch that now looks like a great place to stay. Paved to the front door ; ) We can get a group rate of $121 a night. The standard hotels in town are almost that much. They have a pool, bar, little restaurant on site, Check it out on the web. Please book up ASAP as I had to block out all the rooms on my credit card ! You just have to tell them that your with the motorcycle group that booked the ranch.

https://www.sierratel.com/skyranch/

Here are the alternate hotels if you don't care for the ranch.

Oakhurst lodge FULL

Shilo- FULL

Comfort Inn- 15 rooms available

Best western - rooms available

Days Inn - 15 available

Tenaya lodge- Bring your Visa and AX card !!

Instead of staying in Lee Vining, because of lack of decent hotels, ( been there done those ) we'll try the Holiday Inn in Mammoth Lake. Group rate of $125. They have a pool, covered parking, and a restaurant. The code for the group rate is FJR1300, give this code to the reservation clerk.

https://www.holiday-inn.com/mammothlakes

I know, I know, rooms are a little more expensive this year, ( this coming from a confirmed tightwad ), sorry but it'll be worth it. Maybe you single riders can split it with one another.

So reserve September 9th & 10th on the calendar ! If it's like the previous runs, this will be a lot of fun !!

Hope to see you all there!

Highlander

Dave,

Please recomfirm that the hotel booking dates are:

Sky Ranch (Oakhurst) In Friday 09 Sept / Out Saturday 10 Sept

Holiday Inn (Mammoth Lakes) In Saturday 10 Sept / Out Sunday 11 Sept

Thanks.

rooms are a little more expensive this year, ( this coming from a confirmed tightwad )
Sir, you don't have enough tightwad to make the beginnings of a pimple on my arse. :)

How's this for tight: We'll ride up from our $53.00 a night home in Clovis and meet up with y'all on the morning of the 10th (after we come up to party on the evening of the 9th and ride back home). Then, I booked a (3 star) room in Mammoth Lakes for $84.00 plus tax. Now THAT'S tight! I just hope I can get the days off...

Well, I wasn't around for last year, so I can't complain about the difference in prices. I'm getting my planner on the case and hope to be there to meet you all!

Heres's an old pic to refresh your old brains! :D
IMG_2533.jpg

Well I'm going to try to make this one. Anyone willing to share a room (I'm cheap too :bleh: )?

[SIZE=21pt]BEWARE[/SIZE] I snore [SIZE=21pt]LOUD[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can get away, I sure would love to join you guys for once, been their on my Z1 Classic and that was a kick in the pants! ;)

We're in! Sky Ranch on Friday night, Mammoth Lakes Holiday Inn on Sat. night.

@ Highlander, Mammoth Lakes Hotel referred me to the 1-877 number. The FJR1300 group rate doesn't work (nor does it work on-line). AAA rates are the same, so I booked under my CSAA.

My "roomie" and I are looking forward to following you...... :clap: .....at a distance, 'cuz I don't ride that fast ennymoor!

I just talked to Bikeffects and he had the same problem at both places. I've callled Sierra Sky Ranch and told we are to mention " FJR" as a code in our reservations. Their hand written calender did not match the computer calendar, hence the problem. The main contact there is a lady named Jerry. Quoted $121.00 group rate.

I called Mammoth also. The front desk is made aware of " group rates " on all upcoming weeks, every Monday, but the still drop the ball. I talked to the manager, again, Peter, either talk directly to Peter or the assistant manager Jackie. They are both aware of our group rate. You must mention " FJR1300 " as the discount code. Quoted $125.10 group rate.

I too am cheap! If I ride to/from Fla. every day and meet up, can I come along? :bleh: Wish I really could! Maybe one day! On the other hand, we have Western N.C. on the east coast. Just did a week there just before the 4th. You guys have fun though. Sure you will! :D

I got my reservations finalized today, so I'm in at both Sierra Sky Ranch and Holiday Inn, Mammoth Lakes.

I sent the reservation request for Sky and completed reservation for holiday inn tonight. I am sure Sky ranch will get with me tomorrow to finalize this.

Woohoo! I look forward to this!

Andrew