The NAFO D-Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
When it was announced unoffically at CFR last year that the 2012 CFR rally would also be the 3rd NAFO event "my mind was aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapour of invention" (Hedley LaMarr - Blazing Saddles). So the planning started.

Plan A - After NAFO, Go North and get Hyderized.

But then I mentioned my plans to RaYzerman19 and, like I, he was not looking forward to the ride across the flat bits. Therefore it was on to.....

Plan B - After NAFO, Go South to California and visit the good folks at Russell Seats. Ray wanted to get an adjustment to his Russell and I wanted to stop in at GP Suspensions. We also planned on taking in a ride to Windy Ridge near Mt. St Helens. Local knowledge however intervened when it became known that NF25 that leads to NF99 was not going to be open till the July 4th weekend. Some thinking and puttering on Mapsource then led to....

Plan C - A basic reverse of Plan B of the Apres NAFO part that would put us in the vicinity of Mount St. Helens on the July 4th weekend.

All was looking good. We were going to take Ray's new truck that he was going to get from Chrysler Canada and we were going to put the FJR's in my enclosed trailer where they would be trailer queens across the flat bits until we hit Calgary. We had contacts and had arrangements to leave the truck & trailer there and go play in the mountains.

Ripple #1 - No new truck. Ray did not qualify under his plan for a new truck until next year. Ripple #2 - Ray can't go to NAFO. Ray just sold his house and it closes on June 28th. With all the other issues around moving it just was not going to happen. Bummer, which led to....

Plan D - Sort of back to Plan A with some adjustments. I have a good friend that now lives in Hazelton BC which is not far from the Alaska Hwy and the turn for Hyder. I also have friends in Whistler that I have not seen in a while and relatives back in Vancouver. I can make this work; therefore Plan D is now being updated to the D-Tour.

My plan is to leave on Thursday to beat the weekend traffic at the border and make it as far as Owosso MI the first day. Bustanut has graciously offered me a pile of straw in the sheep pen for the first night on the road. I know what you are all thinking. How can any trip that starts out with a stop at Bustanut's come to any good??

We are about to find out. Let the adventure begin.

Spotting starting tentatively on Thursday here:

The NAFO D-Tour

Last edited by a moderator:
"When it was announced unoffically at CFR last year that the 2012 CFR rally would also be the 3rd NAFO event "my mind was aglow with whirling translate nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapour of invention" (Hadley LaMar - Blazing Saddles). "

Thats Hedley LaMar!!

Bill, tow yer scoots to northern California, Park your tow rig safely at my place,

Ride your bike NAFO like a real man.

Ride to your hearts content, come back and pickup your pickup and head home when you please.

Just saying, The Redwood Run (8 to 10,000 Harleys and assorted skanks) was this last weekend, and I always see lots of those bikes in trailers going thru town, Wussy Harley riders anyway.

The offer is out there

FWFE

...Thats Hedley LaMar!!

Bill, tow yer scoots to northern California, Park your tow rig safely at my place,

Ride to your hearts content, come back and pickup your pickup and head home when you please.

Just saying, The Redwood Run (8 to 10,000 Harleys and assorted skanks) was this last weekend, and I always see lots of those bikes in trailers going thru town, Wussy Harley riders anyway.

The offer is out there

FWFE
Thanks for the correction.

The D-Tour is going to start with my FJR leaving from my front door. I'm manning up and riding out because I'm cheap like most Canadians and the thought of the extra gas costs for truck & trailer irks me something awful.

Also thanks for the offer to park & ride but I'm heading north to Hyder, AK after NAFO because I need to be Hyderized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FqlQQ8d00

"When it was announced unoffically at CFR last year that the 2012 CFR rally would also be the 3rd NAFO event "my mind was aglow with whirling translate nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapour of invention" (Hadley LaMar - Blazing Saddles). "

Thats Hedley LaMar!!

The offer is out there

FWFE
You're both wrong! It's HEDY Lamar! Just ask the Gov.

(and don't forget to give him a harrumph)

Oh, good luck on the "D" tour and see ya at NAFO.

You're both wrong! It's HEDY Lamar! Just ask the Gov.

(and don't forget to give him a harrumph)

Oh, good luck on the "D" tour and see ya at NAFO.
Your watching the wrong movie again.

HEDY LaMarr

hedy-lamarr.jpg

It's Hedley LaMarr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm3zCvN4ao

... I'm heading north to Hyder, AK after NAFO because I need to be Hyderized.
...just make sure you get there after breakfast!!

Have a great trip across the plains Bill, stalking following your progress! :)

--G

Crap, Bill, I'm still bummed out I can't go, trailer, no trailer, etc. Happy to see you have options. Of course, you haven't got to Plan E and F yet!!! Have a great trip and ride safe!

Bill F. is still not moving and he has a long way to ride to Owosso Fecking Michigan today. I sure as Hell hope that he hasn't borrowed Bungie's GPS again! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

etch_a_sketch.jpg

Bill F. is still not moving and he has a long way to ride to Owosso Fecking Michigan today. I sure as Hell hope that he hasn't borrowed Bungie's GPS again! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

etch_a_sketch.jpg
You senile, chupracabra licking, deer thumping, drought and famine resistant, koolaid drinking dumptruck!

He said he's leaving Thurs. Today is Wed.

btw, never turn your GPS upside down and shake it....

etch_a_sketch.jpg
You senile, chupracabra licking, deer thumping, drought and famine resistant, koolaid drinking dumptruck!

He said he's leaving Thurs. Today is Wed.

btw, never turn your GPS upside down and shake it....
Ha, ha; you are so right Steve-O, it is Wednesday. When you are hopelessly and worthlessly RETIRED, LAZY and FOOTLOOSE, there is no legitimate reason to know exactly what day it is!