Marin County Ride Jan 13 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
Hycle and I met up for breakfast in Vallejo at The Joy of Eating on Spring Rd. A small dive but highly recommended. We got out of there by 10 AM, which gave us two full hours to play before the noon rendezvous at the overlook. So we opted to head into San Francisco and have a look around.

We dropped into SF across the Bay Bridge and cruised the Embarcadero (which runs along the Bay) where, yes, we did see a girl jogging in pink shorts. From SF we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge up to the lookout point, where we hooked up with Silent and my buddy from high school, Kurt. From there we rode up Hwy 1, stopping in Pt. Reyes Station and then a little later Nicasio. Kurt split off from there since he has a gig tonight (he's a musician).

After Nicasio we threaded our way out Lucas Valley Rd back to US 101, where Silent headed south to San Jose, and Hycle and I headed north and across 37 to Dixon and Concord. It was a beautiful day as you will see by the following photos.

[SIZE=14pt]PacBell Park:[/SIZE]

2190682991_e1eb9f2994.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]What the @#$!&%*! is that?![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][Answer: It's Hycle][/SIZE]

2190683811_91808c01fa_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]James Burleigh:[/SIZE]

2190682347_7dab1e3c64_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Hycle demonstrates how to ride a motorcycle :blink: [/SIZE]

2191470502_dfc2d17565_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]San Francisco hill with cable car tracks:[/SIZE]

2190684911_11a7ca0fa4_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]And there's the cable car:[/SIZE]

2191471408_518cef498e.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]First view of the Golden Gate Bridge:[/SIZE]

2190685757_f7e6b816f8_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]View from the rendezvous point:[/SIZE]

2190688383_7158cf82dc_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Hycle doin' that crawlin' around the dirt thing to get a photo:[/SIZE]

2190689907_bc264b4731_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Buddy Kurt shows up on his Sporty:[/SIZE]

2190690635_97b5aa993d_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]View outside the Golden Gate:[/SIZE]

2190691239_b9c096b9d7_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]View out the other side:[/SIZE]

2191485086_6bbdebc78a.jpg
2190695733_fdfc2a0f60.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Hycle and Silent "posing like JB," whatever THAT means.... :glare: [/SIZE]

2190699685_d52d511454_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]View of Nicasio:[/SIZE]

2191490202_b9d8ffc124_b.jpg

Nice pics... Wish I could have joined you but we were cleaning up from the previous weeks storm damage. How many of you finally made the ride? Since Mike didn't charge the battery on his camera before the ride and you can't prove that you saw a jogger in the previously mentioned pink attire, I guess the Jihad that Odot declared is still on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics... Wish I could have joined you but we were cleaning up from the previous weeks storm damage. How many of you finally made the ride? Since Mike didn't charge the battery on his camera before the ride and you can't prove that you saw a jogger in the previously mentioned pink attire, I guess the Jihad that Odot declared is still on?
Bring it on, I can take it.

So, the story of the girl in pink shorts goes like this. We first stopped at Pac Bell park and using JBs special access pass (riding over the sidewalk around the gates on the parking area), JB used the restroom. Right after this stop we saw a female jogger wearing pink shorts.

Then we stopped at Aquatic park, which is where the pictures of the cable car and me removing my dead camera from the bike were taken. On our way back to the bikes the pink shorts passed us heading toward the Golden Gate Bridge.

Next stop was Crissey Field where JB took the picture of the GGB and me sitting on my bike. Right after JB got back on his bike the pink shorts passed us on her way back toward town.

While we were sight seeing, pink shorts ran between 6 and 10 miles.

Healthy young lady.

Bring it on, I can take it.
So, the story of the girl in pink shorts goes like this. We first stopped at Pac Bell park and using JBs special access pass (riding over the sidewalk around the gates on the parking area), JB used the restroom. Right after this stop we saw a female jogger wearing pink shorts.

Then we stopped at Aquatic park, which is where the pictures of the cable car and me removing my dead camera from the bike were taken. On our way back to the bikes the pink shorts passed us heading toward the Golden Gate Bridge.

Next stop was Crissey Field where JB took the picture of the GGB and me sitting on my bike. Right after JB got back on his bike the pink shorts passed us on her way back toward town.

While we were sight seeing, pink shorts ran between 6 and 10 miles.

Healthy young lady.

By the way, nice pics, JB! REALLY enjoyed riding with you! You're so cool! Wow wow!
There, Hycle. Fixed it for you.... :p

It looks like you guys had a gorgeous in the North Bay area. Good on you! You're just priming the pump for the ride next month. :yahoo:

Damn! Where's the fog? Every time I'm up there, it's cold and foggy!
I'll bet they're glad the Bad Luck Charm stayed in Santa Babs. ;)

Uhm...JB...isn't there a ride including a planned lunch in Bodega Bay on Feb 17th? That's the subject to which I refer. :rolleyes: Did I mispeak in my haste?

Twas a good ride indeed, excellent people, excellent weather :)

I'll post up some pics tomorrow after I sober up a bit :p