'03 F/S on Ebay w/only 200 miles on it - yes, 200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSLPILOT

Transient Man
Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-FJR-...011376386QQrdZ1

I'm not selling it - I just noticed it for sale. Maybe this belongs in the Want to Sell area, but I'm curious if anyone thinks there could be problems with a bike that's effectively been sitting for 4 years.

Not sure if this link will work, but if you search ebay listings there's an '03 f/s w/only 200 miles on it. You might have to use different search words to find it (fjr/fjr1300/yamaha fjr-1300/etc.), but it's there. Unbelievable! What a waste, but maybe a good find for someone...

I haven't read the ad but I would be affraid that the 200 miles isn't legit.

Call me a skeptic...

You could see if yamaha could run the VIN, and find out if the 600 mile service was ever done... Not that everyone has it done at a yamaha dealer.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-FJR-...011376386QQrdZ1I'm curious if anyone thinks there could be problems with a bike that's effectively been sitting for 4 years.
Yeah, could be... I dont' know how old gas affects fuel injection, the rest of it I wouldn't worry about.

It looks legit from the pictures, just look at how clean the bike looks...

Some people just get busy w/ life & don't have time to ride... (been there done that)

-bvw.

It looks legit from the pictures, just look at how clean the bike looks...
I think only a couple of those pics are from the actual bike for sell. I think he re-posted an article about the fjr as the bulk of his ad. Makes it even less convincing to me.

I ran the VIN listed. It came back as not a recognizable vin from several sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thought after looking at the ad on Ebay:

If the bike has 200 miles on it, why doesn't he show a picture of the odometer? He took a picture of the dash...why not turn on the key?

Who knows...

Look closely at the rear tire. Doesn't look like a Bridgestone, not sure it looks like a Metzler either.

Could it be an AVON? Why are the tires not stock on a 200 mile bike?

SoCalFJR, you're a skeptic.

Service manual on CD? Seems like somebody was selling them in late '04 or early '05. '04 windshield?

So the guy buys it in '02 for a trip to AK he doesn't go on but he puts 200 miles on it. Couple years later he gets a windshield and service manual for it. Couple years later he decides to sell it. Too bad about that VIN number.

If the bike has 200 miles on it, why doesn't he show a picture of the odometer? He took a picture of the dash...why not turn on the key?

Who knows...
I'd bet the battery gave up the ghost a long time ago...

Who knows...
I'd bet the battery gave up the ghost a long time ago...
Yeah, I bet. I gave up on this the more I thought about it though. Hell, I already have an '03, but this was definitely something to consider. Why not have two I was thinking, or keep the lower mileage one and sell the other.

But the guy never responded when I asked for more pics...so many scammers on ebay man. It's ridiculous. The first time I listed my Roadstar up there some asshead hacked into my account and hijacked my ad. Ebay kicked it off right away, to their credit, but then I had to relist the thing all over again and reset all my passwords - ugh, what a hassle.

Guess it worked out in the end though as I got more than I was expecting for the bike. Ebay is a good place to sell your bike, especially if yours looks good compared to similar bikes. Most listings look like crap. Take a little extra time, be very careful of crooks, and you'll get a nice price for your used machine.