06 ECU Fuel Pump Issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman

Reaction score
Can't get a ground signal from the ECU to fuel pump relay 78 coil on the blue wire with a yellow tracer? Have continuity from relay to ECU on wire.

Just figured out the diagnostics, display shows a engine trouble light. Lean angle sensor code 08 says 5v, but I drove into the garage on two wheels.

Won't reset. Where is the lean angle sensor?

ECU and relay parts run in another bike.

Short the low side of the fuel pump relay coil and bike starts.

At EOM I had an intermittent engine cutout problem, second or so.

Took all the connectors loose and cleaned, and added ground spider wires. Removed all the extra grounds, but no workee?

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the lean angle sensor under the front cowling.

Took it off and shook it around, appears to be some little balls on contacts?

Code 08 says 5 still. 61 says 0 no codes, but 62 says 1. Doesn't reset?

Anyway to defeat the sensor?

Looking at FSM, my interpretation is diag code 61 only lists history of fault codes 11-50, where as diag code 62 would appear to count all codes. Scratch that.. typing outran brain.

Strange, diag code 8 doesn't show 5 as being a valid value, only 0.4-1.4 for upright and 3.7-4.4 for overturned. Since you have located sensor, have you attempted to move sensor while watching diag display? Also just checked mine with bike on side stand, show "0.6".

After a brief rest I tried again! I dissected the sensor, it may have a hall effect sensor and a magnet.

The sensor had no voltage across it, I jumped a ground to the black wire and moved the sensor.

I got the voltages in the range and the engine light went off. It started.

Now to find where the ground went to and I may be back in business.

Thanks for looking.

After a brief rest I tried again! I dissected the sensor, it may have a hall effect sensor and a magnet.

The sensor had no voltage across it, I jumped a ground to the black wire and moved the sensor.

I got the voltages in the range and the engine light went off. It started.

Now to find where the ground went to and I may be back in business.

Thanks for looking.
Have you been riding upside down again?

Glad you got it isolated. Did you check what the diagnostic reading for it is with the ground jumped?

Couldn't get continuity to the ground through the connectors. Took apart the tape on the loom and found the break.

Soldered and heat shrinked it together. Reassembled the sensor and it started right up.

The reading was in range when you move the magnet segment across the hall sensor.

Wasn't that fun!

Thanks for the help Bob.

Couldn't get continuity to the ground through the connectors. Took apart the tape on the loom and found the break.

Soldered and heat shrinked it together. Reassembled the sensor and it started right up.

The reading was in range when you move the magnet segment across the hall sensor.

Wasn't that fun!

Thanks for the help Bob.
Well that is good news. I wish we had found it sooner, so I could help you put it all back together. Get it all back together so you can go riding next weekend.