2 brothers slip ons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelingdawg

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
I have a question. I ordered a set of 2 bros slip ons for my 07. I ordered aluminum for some shine plus they were the cheapest. Wonderful people at pipecity.com sent me carbon fiber slip ons instead. All the paperwork shows aluminum. That is what debited my account also, was the aluminum price. Somebody in the warehouse just picked from the wrong bin and sent me carbon fiber :yahoo: . I haven't installed them yet, due to a clamp missing from the kit, which 2 bros. sent out yesterday 2 day air,(great customer service to fix the problem by the way). The carbon fiber looks great held up to the bike.(black cherry). My question is, which one is better, carbon or aluminum. Does one last longer than the other, or is it mainly a cosmetic thing? I'm just trying to figure out if i need to send the carbon pipes back before i install and run them.

Thanks,

Ya got ripped off. Those are no good. Just won't work on an FJR. I'll give you $5 USD for each, just ship 'em on over... ;)

Just kidding. An honest person might call and let them know, and they might just let you keep them. There might be someone out there who did order C/F and got the less expensive aluminum, and is screaming about now.

As far as the difference, C/F is definitely cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it is mosty a weight and not cosmetic. The carbon fiber would be lighter than the aluminum. I would just stick with what you received.

You really should tell the vendor that they made a mistake and ask them how they would like to deal with it. That would be the honest and honorable thing to do. While it may seem great that a faceless business made an error in your favor, there are actually people behind it. So the question is really how will you feel about later? I don't mean to be preachy. Heck, I'm not even religious. I just think that right and wrong are pretty much always black and white and everyone has to live with their own conscience.

They may ask you to pay the difference if you want to keep them, or that you ship them back (on their dime) if you don't. You may be able to make a nice win-win deal like you pay the difference minus whatever their expenses will be to ship the CF's in return and the correct alloys out to you. Or they may just say, Ooops, our mistake, you keep em. But gosh, wouldn't it feel good at the end of the day to know that you did the right thing?

I recently had a similar mistake made recently in my favor. I ordered some telescopic HID kits from an eBay retailer this winter. Because the kit that he assembled for me was kind of a "special order" he somehow shipped me 2 wiring harnesses (only had paid for one) and 3 telescopic bulbs (only paid for two). I emailed him and informed him of his mistake. He asked me to ship the extra parts back on his dime, which I did. I could have got around $50-60 for those pieces, but I feel much more than "$60 dollars good" about having returned them. YMMV

As to which is better, the CF is cooler to the touch, and quite a bit lighter. It also has a certain high tech cachet.

Alloy is brighter, shinier (not always a positive) and would be less obviously an after-market add-on.

They should both sound and perform about the same. If you can afford the extra, I'd go with the CF cans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Fred W - as the only role model in my life (my Dad) used to say when I was a kid: "Honesty is the best policy". Do the right thing.

Update

These pipes sound awesome. The sound is way better than i thought it would be listening to the audio clips from the Aussie site. Installation was simple, other than being shorted a VALE X-ring clamp, corrected by 2 bros (free of charge).

And yall were right, honesty is the best policy. Sent pipe city an email telling them of the mix up. Waiting for them to reply. Of course, if they tell me i can keep them i won't lose no sleep over it either. Much as it would cost them in shipping to get them back and reship the aluminum, they might not even want to fool with it. Their cost can't be that much of a difference.

Latest posts