2 Brothers with P1X compared to GPR and/or LeoVince

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatlandor

Reaction score
I want to change out the cans on my 2013.

I want it to sound deeper and throaty but not overly loud - especially at even throttle running down the highway.

So my question is there anybody out there that has heard the 2 Brothers cans WITH the P1X installed and have any insight on how that compares to the GPR or the LeoVince that both have the baffles?

I ask because I like the style of the 2 Brothers, but don't want any drone or have it be loud at even throttle running down the highway (no drone).

Any input? I've already done a search and read posts for about 3 hours last night.

I have the Two Brothers with the P1X tips and I've heard the Leo Vince pipes. While both sets of pipes sound nice, to me the Two Brothers has a deeper/throaty sound and the Leo Vince is a bit higher pitch sound.

The Two Brothers will scream at WOT but is just a nice sound at low/mid-range rpm's & cruising. The P1X tip is a noticeable difference and will mellow them some.

Yeah I have the Leo Vince oval Carbon - and I run them without the baffles.... I like the tone, might be a bit of drone but I use that as well as my horn to my advantage to alert others of my presence.... with the baffles in they are almost as quiet as the stock pipes...

I have heard the 2 Bro's and they are deeper with that drone you speak of...

I prefer the Leo V's.... Everyone has their own pref obviously.

BTW I googled and found this on BOOBTube

Check the links on the right once on BOOBTube as well to see there is one for the Leo V as well.... Hope that helps....

Thanks for the link to the videos - that really helped. Don't know why I didn't think of that - duh.

I like the deeper sound of the 2 Brothers at idle, but when it revs I think it's going to be "too much" and I'm afraid of highway drone. I was seeing pictures of the LeoVince SBK cans and didn't like the looks of them as much as the 2 Brothers. Then I discovered that most of what I was seeing was the discontinued model of the LeoVince cans. They are now called LV-ONE and they look very similar to the 2 Brothers.

So I think the better part of valor is to get the LeoVince LV-ONE EVO II's and be able to take the baffle out when riding alone and put in back in when the momma and the saddlebags go back on.

Thanks for the input!

Got the LV Ones and just installed them. Got the set screw out to remove the baffle but can't get the baffle out. Even with firm tugging with vice grips. Won't budge. Either side. How hard could this be? How do these suckers come out?!!!

Got the LV Ones and just installed them. Got the set screw out to remove the baffle but can't get the baffle out. Even with firm tugging with vice grips. Won't budge. Either side. How hard could this be? How do these suckers come out?!!!
My Beowulf titanium cans sound much like the two brothers, they have carbon end caps and make puuurfect sound with the baffles in.
smile.png

Finally got it by clamping needle nose vice grips on it and hitting with a hammer. They were seriously stuck. I had to grind them down to get them to be able to be put back in. However, don't think I will very much. It ROCKS without them in. Just what I was looking for.

At low rpm they are pretty mellow but at mid to high rpm they really wake up and sound awesome.

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM earlier, been very very busy the last few here....

Glad you got them out, mine just pulled out simple with set screw removal... How are you liking the sound with them...?

I find it to be perfect blend, while idling and adding a nice upgraded note sound while on the road and freeway, and its not as obnoxious as a freakin Harley...

I REALLY like them! Transformed the bike for me. I actually have not ridden it yet with the baffles in, I like it with them out. I could see though on a long trip with the wife where she might tire of it. "May" put the baffles in for those occasions, but only if she wants them.

The sound is intoxicating over 5,000 rpm...

Me likey! Very pleased with my purchase. And as a great side benefit, they look 100 times better than those big stock cans.

I have the 2 Bro's Titanium,current model. Ran the baffles for a while and then for fun removed them and liked them much better.Not too loud and with the bags on are fairly quiet with a decent tone at 70-80 TEXAS cruise.Don't know how they will sound when packing gets broken in..Must be about right as I get thumbs up when passing nursing homes...

I REALLY like them! Transformed the bike for me. I actually have not ridden it yet with the baffles in, I like it with them out. I could see though on a long trip with the wife where she might tire of it. "May" put the baffles in for those occasions, but only if she wants them.
The sound is intoxicating over 5,000 rpm...

Me likey! Very pleased with my purchase. And as a great side benefit, they look 100 times better than those big stock cans.
Pictures? Let's see those cans (the Leo Vince ones).
smile.png

Never mind...I didn't scroll far enough. Nice pics, thx! I'm thinking about that exact set. Where did you get them, if I might ask?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got it by clamping needle nose vice grips on it and hitting with a hammer. They were seriously stuck. I had to grind them down to get them to be able to be put back in. However, don't think I will very much. It ROCKS without them in. Just what I was looking for.

At low rpm they are pretty mellow but at mid to high rpm they really wake up and sound awesome.
Thanks much for the tip. I struggled getting mine out and basically gave up - even calls to LV were of no help.

It's funny. I've put exhausts on almost everything I've owned. Not loud or obnoxious... Okay, the Wolf system on the VFR was a bit much before we made the inserts, but other than that... I just want a little throat, and usually a little less weight. But on my bike, I kinda like the chrome mufflers. I could do the trooper mod, but I hate doing things I can't undo. But I kinda like the Leos.

Sigh.

I can't seem to find a decent sound clip of the LV-ones. Anybody got a link?
I just recorded one and posted it on YouTube for ya. Don't know if you'd call it "decent" or not. It's very hard to capture the sound accurately. This video was done with the camera about 3 feet away with the baffles OUT. Probably should have put the camera closer because the bike is louder than what it seems on the video, so turn your volume all the way up. The deep sound you get when I rev it just a little is very indicative of the sound at constant idle.

Not sure if this will help you, but I tried. I could tell you that I really like it and it's awesome (which I do think that) but since exhaust sound is very subjective and everyone looking for something different, my opinion doesn't really help. The sound is deep at idle and not obnoxious. The volume is louder but respectable under 4000 rpm so being "nice" through neighborhoods is easy. When the rpms come up though, you can create an attention grabbing "super bike" type sound.

I didn't record one with the baffles IN because I don't run it that way. Just know with the baffles in, it is just about the same sound level as stock. The difference is that the sound is deeper. It's very nice too if you don't want any more volume, but want to get rid of the "turbine" type sound of the stock cans. My $.02... Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz9-p7rlCdg&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator: