• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 FJR1300, with non-functioning ABS and 107,000 miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blassoff

Its just the dog in me, baby
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So I expect the misses is going to me an earful if I try to keep both bikes. I'm half hoping that the bike is a buzzy mess so I just keep riding an FJR, but who knows.

I tried a BMW F800 a few years back and it felt like crap to me. A buzzy twin that somehow felt really cheap compared to my sweet 2005 fjr. I've been riding an fjr  (gen1, gen2, or gen3) for the past 10 years. I've yet to find a bike I like better. Everything else just feels sub-par (although the Tracer 900gt was a freaking blast to drive), but I'm starting to seriously think I need something under 670lbs.

So this all leads me to the question, is there an interest here for Frankenbike? A 2004 FJR1300, with non-functioning ABS and 107,000 miles. I did a valve check last year, they're all within spec. I've attended to all it's maintenance needs (new pad all the way around, new rubbers, change all fluids at least twice since I've owned it, new iridium plugs, etc).  It may all be academic and I drive her into the ground over the next 10 years, but I thought I'd inquire.  I'll get newer better pictures up tomorrow, this pic is sometime after the start of repairs, two years ago. With accessories and farkles, I'd like to get around $2400 for her (in case anyone is interested). Thanks, Baz

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yqLjhYiQyCEoCgMBA

So, are you looking at a Wee-Strom or a Man-Strom? (650 or 1000 cc)

I am pretty sure one is in my future - likely the Wee.  Adventure equipped for the roads less traveled.   I will be keeping my 2011 FJR.  Still the best tool in the shed when I want to eat a bunch of miles.

Agreed.  Aren’t they both wee, just one carries an extra 350 cc’s? Its a 650. Someone is offering a 2015 wee for $4200, that’s so cheap I have to check it out.   

Good luck with the sale of Frankenbike, if that is what you decide to do.

In the meantime, have a look at https://www.stromtrooper.com/

This is the definitive website on V-Stroms.  Pros and cons of each generation and 650 vs 1000 cc.  Also get some ides on maintenance, problems, pricing for used, maintenance etc.