2006 PDP Is Going To Happen!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna get one from Troy CityGarage (advertising $11,599 on their site). I bought my '05 there and they were pretty good and you'd be hard-pressed to beat the price plus they gave me a great trade on my Bandit too. I'm living in CIncinnati now and am willing to drive all the way there to pick it up. I can't figure out how they stay in bidness with the prices and trades they offer.

Of course, if I could get a similar deal closer to Cincy I'd do it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Pappy

I'll stick to the manual mode, thank you very much. Too much enjoyment for me in perfectly coordinating clutch, shift, braking, blah blah blah.

Just by luck I had a F$^*#@^ GREAT ride home today.. every apex hit just right... not one sloppy shift... later brake points than normal....

Seriously, this old fart lives for those moments, no matter how few an far between the may be.. waaay better than top end speed. Mastery of the controls and all that stuff.

Having said that, I do appreciate and love technology... I am a computer geek by trade... and would love to ride the E bike... not just ready to give up those 'special' moments of manually mastering the ride.

My 06 will be the 'standard' model.

As of around 6PM CST they already had over 600 ordered - that's about 100 per hour after the intro.Now I have to sell a Warrior

I'm gonna get one from Troy CityGarage
Pappy, where are they? And what URL? Didn't see anything on Google. Bought my '03 for much less than D&H in WV -- about 300 miles from here in Columbus. I'll be calling them this week to see what's up this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna get one from Troy CityGarage
Pappy, where are they? And what URL? Didn't see anything on Google. Bought my '03 for much less than D&H in WV -- about 300 miles from here in Columbus. I'll be calling them this week to see what's up this time around.
Pappy, any chance you're talking about this place?

www.troycitygarage.com

(page coming up really slow on my browser btw-- at least I HOPE it comes up)

Hmm... never came up, but using the internet archive I pulled up an old page that had the following contact information:

TROY CITY GARAGE INC.

810 Hoosick Rd. (NY RT. 7) Troy, NY 12180

(518) 279-1781

I'll wait for the candy-apple red 2007's! (they will also have the bigger alternator, and all of the bugs from the new design sorted out). I've never owned a bike with linked brakes and would like to hold off a little longer....

Is that an out the door price at Troy, or are taxes etc added to that? Where would you pay the tax, NY, or OH? Sorry, I've never done out of state purchasing :)

That's the place. I bought my '05 there and paid $11,300 out the door. It was a pain to register and I had to pay the sales tax in Connecticut (where I lived at the time) to get the plates. But hey, I saved almost two grand so it was worth it.

Pappy

Sorry, I've never done out of state purchasing :)
ANd you can't (on a new Bike/Car)! :eh:
Why no out of state purchaes? I've done it. You simply pay sales tax in your home state when you register it. No sales tax to the state where you buy it.

I'm gonna get one from Troy CityGarage (advertising $11,599 on their site). I bought my '05 there and they were pretty good and you'd be hard-pressed to beat the price plus they gave me a great trade on my Bandit too. I'm living in CIncinnati now and am willing to drive all the way there to pick it up. I can't figure out how they stay in bidness with the prices and trades they offer.
Of course, if I could get a similar deal closer to Cincy I'd do it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Pappy
Last year things were pretty tight in Cincy

All were sticker or a couple hundred under. Middletown Yammy was 500 off over the phone, so they may match the out of town prices if you get serious. Middletown also has a pretty good shop to work with.

I do have an "in" over at the dealership over off of Harrison and if you wan't I can make a few enquiries.

Me, I got mine up at Honda East in Toledo and those guys rocked! Matched the best price out there on the bike and the extended warranty and I think they had a 35 dollar title fee as the only add on. I'd recommend them highly.

Come up to TWT some evening at Greenies in Milford....... we've got 4 effy's that show up at various times...

Scooter

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/mot...300as_intro.jsp
Check out the color selection available in Europe
That "desert metallic" is Blingtastic!

FJR1300A_colours_tcm46-93800.jpg

no... really. It's kinda odd. You gold/black R1 fans might like it, but I'm not a big gold fan.

As of around 6PM CST they already had over 600 ordered - that's about 100 per hour after the intro.Now I have to sell a Warrior
FJ, were these stats available on the web or through a dealer or??

Sorry, I've never done out of state purchasing :)
ANd you can't (on a new Bike/Car)! :eh:
Why no out of state purchaes? I've done it. You simply pay sales tax in your home state when you register it. No sales tax to the state where you buy it.
In The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia you can only bring in used 49 state bikes/cars. :angry: :angry01: :angry02: :angry03: :angry2:

No out of state (49 state emissions) vehicles can be registered in CA unless they have been registered out of state for 1 year first (or some communist crap like that). If you live in CA and intend to shop out of state make sure you do your DMV homework first.

:eek:fftopic:

California residents are prohibited from importing, purchasing, or leasing a new vehicle from another state, unless the vehicle was manufactured for sale in California and the Environmental Protection Agency label certifies the vehicle has California smog equipment. California considers a new vehicle to be any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time it is purchased or acquired. Clickit

It seems like the PDP system broke down last year with a lot of dealers ordering extra FJRs in employee names and getting them in stock, some of them offered on the floor before the true 'waiters' got their bikes. Totally unfair.
Okay, okay..Let's call Cypress..the dealers are gonna be desperate trying yet another year of 'covert names' to dupe the PDP process. Warchild, please call them and advise them not to fall for any of the following names on a sales contract: Mike Hunt

Ned Furbush

F.E. Lasheo

Connie Lingus

Cinna Buns

Letha Weapons

Latest posts