2007 Top Case Attachment Bracket - JIggly Top Case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporto

Reaction score
Just picked up new to me, 2007 FJR and noticed that the OEM Top Case seemed extra bouncy when following my buddy who was riding my bike. When looking at the underside of the mounting bracket that is bolted to the bike, there appears to be two pieces that should be glued/epoxied together into a single solid piece? Mine separates by 1/2" when I try to pull them apart, you can see this gap when you lift up on the top case when it is mounted on the bike and this is what is allowing the case to 'jiggle'. Anyone know if this is normal or do I need to crazy glue the corners down?

The 3 bracket mounting bolts are all tight and sub-frame on bike is intact. Bottom of the Top Case itself is perfect and has the metal reinforcement plate installed.

My buddies 2013 OEM top case bracket does not separate like this nor does the top case bounce around as much as mine does on rougher road surfaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a problem (and I think a recall) on the earlier OEM top boxes. I think a metal plate was added to keep the boxes from cracking - didn't always work!

Ik had the same. The upper and lower part separated. I reinforced the back side with 2 bolts. This keeps it in place.

Now I have the aluminium rack so the problem is solved.

Ik had the same. The upper and lower part separated. I reinforced the back side with 2 bolts. This keeps it in place.Now I have the aluminium rack so the problem is solved.
Does the aluminum rack you purchased allow for mounting of OEM Yamaha Top Case? Adapter plate/kit required? If so, do you have a part numbers or link to USA Retail site?

I was putting on a intake manifold on a 302 Ford on my son's 69 Sportroof Mustang. They have the four piece set up with the little cork gaskets front and back to seal the valley. I commented to the guy at the counter how I thought it was a crappy arrangement and he told me about Right Stuff and it worked well, never a leak! I have used it on all sorts of things to stick them together, even my fender extender on my 07.

Shameless plug for a good product.

Stiify Kit won't work with a Smuggler and when I look at the picture of the new aluminum rear carrier it doesn't look like it will fit an early gen II like I was hoping.

Stiify Kit won't work with a Smuggler and when I look at the picture of the new aluminum rear carrier it doesn't look like it will fit an early gen II like I was hoping.
I don't think there is a difference @ the rear end between a Gen 2 and a Gen 3. I owned both and installed the rack myself on my Gen 3. I am quite sure it will also fit a Gen 2..

07.jpg

15.jpg

I don't think there is a difference @ the rear end between a Gen 2 and a Gen 3. I owned both and installed the rack myself on my Gen 3. I am quite sure it will also fit a Gen 2..

07.jpg

15.jpg
When I look at it it just looks so much different. The 07 bracket goes strait across at what looks like the back two hole on this bracket.

Between the two pictures it appears that a couple of brackets are also being used.

Which of the two hole go into the stock mounting holes? I'm guessing the rear holes on the bracket shown?