2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will only come as fast as we can write them! :D

Scoring is pretty much done, and now we're gonna get a few hours shut-eye before the Leg 3 Rider's Meeting at 4am.

Lot's of interesting stories to tell, but they will have to wait; I am punch-drunk tired right now...

Gun, any info on Catfish's zip tied rear brake pedal?
He said it inexplicable stopped returning to its full upright position (well, he may not have said it quite like that, but that's the gist of it). He compared it to another FJR at a bonus stop and couldn't readily identify the problem, so zip ties were in order.

Scoring is pretty much done, and now we're gonna get a few hours shut-eye before the Leg 3 Rider's Meeting at 4am.

Lot's of interesting stories to tell, but they will have to wait; I am punch-drunk tired right now...
I tip my hat and bow to you and staff for the work you do but also because I appreciate keeping up on what is going on. For me...The stories are the bomb!! Sleep tight.

He said it inexplicable stopped returning to its full upright position (well, he may not have said it quite like that, but that's the gist of it). He compared it to another FJR at a bonus stop and couldn't readily identify the problem, so zip ties were in order.
It is a common problem.... his rear brake pedal linkage is simply dirty!!

This is a 5-minute fix..... 10mm wrench and a can of WD-40, and he's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a common problem.... his rear brake pedal linkage is simply dirty!!

This is a 5-minute fix..... 10mm wrench and a can of WD-40, and he's good.
I'll keep that tidbit in the back of my mind.

Get some sleep for God's sake or we'll never get an update... :rolleyes:

Dale, et al......

Thanks for your work and efforts. One thing I learned when working Corners at the races was that first of all our responsibility was to take care of ourselves because if we weren't at 100% we were no good to the riders we were there to assist. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the photos.

Thanks, too, to Warchild for his updates.

Wishing all riders the best during the last leg.

From Tom Austin's day 7 report: "Matt Watkins (who moved all of the way from 40th to 6th)" - Also known as Iggy or Ignacio around here.

Woohoo! :yahoo:

And ScooterG: "Greg Marbach (who slipped from 6th to 12th)" - which is a very respectable place to be. :thumbsupsmiley: As reported earlier, Scooter pushed himself a little too hard during the first leg and that explains the slight slip after the second leg.

IMG_4253.jpg
Rick Miller's Gold Wing

who dropped from 11th WAY down the list because of reading comprehension and the Bordello/Shane Smith bonus combination that he thought had a timing conflict. he was hoovering up bonuses after leaving Shane's house but couldn't make back up the loss of the 4k+ bordello bonus in Ft. Smith.

a lot of us here keep using the "reading comprehension" comment here on the forum. some people get it and some don't. understand this one incident and you'll get it, too.

From Tom Austin's day 7 report: "Matt Watkins (who moved all of the way from 40th to 6th)" - Also known as Iggy or Ignacio around here.
Woohoo! :yahoo:

And ScooterG: "Greg Marbach (who slipped from 6th to 12th)" - which is a very respectable place to be. :thumbsupsmiley: As reported earlier, Scooter pushed himself a little too hard during the first leg and that explains the slight slip after the second leg.
------------------------------

Way to go guys!!!

Bill

Top 20 after leg 2 (with bike type)

1 Jeff Earls 62438 - K1200GT

2 Jim Owen 61667 - R1200RT

3 Eric Jewell 59951 - ST1300

4 Andy Mills 54645 - Victory Vision

5 Roger Sinclair 54096 - Concours14

6 Matt Watkins 53830 - FJR1300

7 Chris Sakala 53472 - R1200RT

8 Ken Meese 52444 - K1200GT

9 Michael Evans 52209 - FJR1300

10 Bob Lilley 50883 - K1200LT

11 Brian Jack 50426 - R1250GS

12 Greg Marbach 50278 - FJR1300

13 Rick Sauter 50232 - GL1800 Wing

14 Mark Crane 49684 - R1200GSA

15 Derek Dickson 49634 - FJR1300

16 Nancy Oswald 49216 - R1200GS

17 Peter Behm 49134 - FJR1300

18 Bob St. George 48911 - FJR1300

19 Dick Peek 48309 - FJR1300

20 Mike Hutsal 48191 - ST1300

Alan Barbic (who failed to bring all of his items to the scoring table and fell from 10th to 74th
Awe that sucks...

There aint much worse than leaving points at the scoring table, or worse yet...

All that riding and the points are gone in an instant.