2010 Utah 1088

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badcat

Reaction score
Who's gonna run the Utah 1088 next year? I got my form filled out and the check written.

I'm excited already!

Burk

Got the email from Steve also. It is on my calendar but I will have to wait to write the check, paying for 2010 Moto GP at Laguna Seca this month. Looking forward to seeing the crew in Utah again. Who knows, maybe I will try for the vegas keno ticket in 2010, numbers 10, 80 and 8 (all proceeds of winning tickets to Steve of course).

Got the email from Steve also. It is on my calendar but I will have to wait to write the check, paying for 2010 Moto GP at Laguna Seca this month. Looking forward to seeing the crew in Utah again. Who knows, maybe I will try for the vegas keno ticket in 2010, numbers 10, 80 and 8 (all proceeds of winning tickets to Steve of course).
I'm pretty sure I won't be going to Vegas, no matter how many friggin' points are there, but I will be in SLC for the 1088

Oh come on, Vegas to Vegas is such a sucker bonus. ;) Now, Roswell for a UFO museum ticket, that has potential.

I'm in, paid weeks ago while paying for the 10-n-10. I'm going to actually try and make the BBQ and the open bar this time.

Oh come on, Vegas to Vegas is such a sucker bonus. ;) Now, Roswell for a UFO museum ticket, that has potential.
I'm in, paid weeks ago while paying for the 10-n-10. I'm going to actually try and make the BBQ and the open bar this time.
I'm in vegas currently, warming up for the 1088 and hopefully 10n10, I sure hope you all behave at the open bar this year _yes Maura, I'm talking to you.

I'm in vegas currently, warming up for the 1088 and hopefully 10n10, I sure hope you all behave at the open bar this year _yes Maura, I'm talking to you.
I think I can take her...

;)
Hmm, in two weeks a warm-up may be in order .....thinking the northern end of the battle born state. Perhaps we can see if you're in the same league as our Kanudiun friend---and me thinks I better be prepared to pack another jug of some nice agave.

I was about to ask if you two were riding down together, but I forgot that Maura gets pissy when she has to wait on other riders, so bad idea, glad I didn't suggest it.

I think I can take her...

;)
Hmm, in two weeks a warm-up may be in order .....thinking the northern end of the battle born state. Perhaps we can see if you're in the same league as our Kanudiun friend---and me thinks I better be prepared to pack another jug of some nice agave.

I was about to ask if you two were riding down together, but I forgot that Maura gets pissy when she has to wait on other riders, so bad idea, glad I didn't suggest it.
I'm not sure our fine Canadian friend has the range to hang with me. Time tables usually vary anyway.

@ Patriot - Pot stirring brokeback biker. :rolleyes: In the bar. All bets are off in the rally, that's about individual sport and fun. Anything can happen there.

Well, I'm in. App and check in the proverbial mail.

I think this year I'll try a new strategy that will hopefully catapult me up half a dozen positions. I'm going to read the rally packet BEFORE I go to checkpoints this year.

Shhhhh....don't tell anybody. It's a secret strategy I'm not sure anybody else has tried before....because I sure haven't. ;)

Who knows! I might even do as good as RenoJohn this year...or are you going for -2 finish BEYOND the podium this year? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm in. App and check in the proverbial mail.
I think this year I'll try a new strategy that will hopefully catapult me up half a dozen positions. I'm going to read the rally packet BEFORE I go to checkpoints this year.

Shhhhh....don't tell anybody. It's a secret strategy I'm not sure anybody else has tried before....because I sure haven't. ;)

Who knows! I might even do as good as RenoJohn this year...or are you going for -2 finish BEYOND the podium this year? :rolleyes:
Cart, horse, ahead of. This year's 1088 was over in June. I seem to recall you had a good rally in '08 though. Perhaps w/o a stubborn flat in '10 you will do even better. Then again, you never know what the RM will come up with, or we will fall for, or what the competition will bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dredging up an 8 month old post to see who's in (still in?) for this...it will be my first rally at this distance, curious to see what happens. Heading up to UT this weekend to see what I'm in for...

[SIZE=18pt]25 days and counting...![/SIZE]

I started this thread so I figgered I better announce that I will not be attending as planned. I wish all riders a safe and fun Utah 1088. I will miss you guys and the ride deeply.

Burk :(

I just got off the phone with Steve, and I'm out. This was supposed to be my rally cherry buster, but it'll have to wait. Thankfully, Steve assured me that he's commited to organizing it at least one more year, for the 20th anniversary, so I'll have one more chance.

I'm extremely bummed about this decision, and I'm (give or take) 3 drinks into wallowing in my depression, but it is best for my family at the moment as we're facing some unforseen transitions at the moment -- all desireable and self-induced.

Y'all have fun and be smart!