2012 FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
When does Yamaha usually release the new models? IIRC its somewhere around September right? I'm in the market for another FJR and would like to know what the 12's will offer. Probably just a new color but I'm still curious none the less. Yamaha's website HERE has nothing about the 2012 model FJR.

They release info after their annual dealer's meeting IIRC. And yes, I believe it is usually in September, perhaps October timeframe.

I don't expect anything new coming down the pipe for the FJR. I would be surprised if they even came out with a new color.

Just my opinion,

Economy Sucks

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2010 AND 2011, I was surprised, and a little disappointed, that other than color, the 2010s and 2011 relatively unchanged from previous models.

Now, following the geo-tragedy in Japan, and the fiscal situation world-wide, I'd be REAL surprised if there IS a 2012 FJR.

We'll know in a little under 3 months.

They're gonna skip 2012 and come out with the 2013s early next summer.

It'll be an all new generation bike, with 6 of everything. 6 speeds, 6 cylinders, 6 headlights, 6 power sockets, 6 drink holders, 6 seat positions, 6 handlebar positions, 6 shock settings, 6 color choices, 6 luggage compartments, and 6 ECU maps.

It'll have cruise control, 2-way radio with Bluetooth to the helmets, and a revised rear crack-proof subframe with a 70-pound load capacity.

Best of all, it'll only be 6300 bucks out the door.

But no one will ever run one over 200,000 miles!

It'll be an all new generation bike, with 6 of everything. 6 speeds, 6 cylinders, 6 headlights, 6 power sockets, 6 drink holders, 6 seat positions, 6 handlebar positions, 6 shock settings, 6 color choices, 6 luggage compartments, and 6 ECU maps.

It'll have cruise control, 2-way radio with Bluetooth to the helmets, and a revised rear crack-proof subframe with a 70-pound load capacity.

:lol:

Sounds great, I hope it will only weigh 360 pounds.

No, they're taking the theme of 6's seriously. It will weigh :gasp: 666 pounds. It'll be the FJR form hell! That cruise control will only lock in at 66 mph, and the redesigned side bags will hold 6 6-packs, on ice (but only 6 lbs per side). Special compound tires will magically last exactly 6,666 miles before replacement. Those 6 drink holders are for the new seating for 6. And it will get 66 miles per gallon.

Of course, this model likely won't be ready until the 2066 model year, and which point they'll have to scrap the whole idea in favor of the new FJR Space Bike. Earth to the moon in 6 minutes flat!

No, they're taking the theme of 6's seriously. It will weigh :gasp: 666 pounds. It'll be the FJR form hell!
666 (the FJR from Hell...):

220px-The_number_of_the_beast_is_666_Philadelphia%2C_Rosenbach_Museum_and_Library.jpg

My guess is that they're phasing it out. Or at least the Gen II model. Get rid of the AE model, and then make the A model the same silver color, and don't change it. Get rid of remaining stock for those painted parts. Once that happens, hopefully we'll see a Gen III (or a Gen 6 to keep with the theme). But my guess is a 2012 won't even change color.

Get rid of the AE model, and then make the A model the same silver color, and don't change it.
Uhhhh...........they already got rid of the AE model. 2009 was the last model year for the north american market.

And as far as keeping the A model silver, well that's a no-brainer as that is exactly what they did from 2010 to 2011.

Or.....they are going to surprise the crap out of everyone and come out with a New design FJR1600 to compete against the BMW, and blow the C14 out of the water.......

Naaaaa

Next year, they're going retro just like the boys in Detroit. It'll look just like a Gen 1, but with more modern underpinnings... like an Exalto CT !!

Gary

darksider #44