2013 mirror mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustHoward

Reaction score
Is there a solution to mounting aux lights on the mirror brackets like we had on the gen IIs?

Is there a problem stowing HID ballasts under the front plastic for HID headlight conversion?

Howard

Is there a solution to mounting aux lights on the mirror brackets like we had on the gen IIs?
Possibly. As discussed in a prior thread, I Believe there are two possible alternatives; a) use a combination of thick spacers and some M6 couplers to gain additional stud length behind the front cowling or send your mirror stalk bases to someone that can tig-weld some extra M6 all-thread to the studs, thus making them longer. You will also need 5/16" spacer blocks to fit into the fairing recesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent Gary a bunch of pictures,( As Dale has gone into Hibernation
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
) hopefully we will have something soon..

R

While I was at the bike show, looked at the FJR with all the tupperware off. Those mirror stays (to me) look flimsy and made of diecast. I wouldn't hang anything off them without some reinforcement...... just my opinion. Perhaps one of you dudes wants to pull the dash plastic and take a closer look......