2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Sprint ST before the FJR and I can attest to the character and smoothness of the Triumph Triple. Dang, I really shouldn't be thinking about a new bike next year...

I'll be taking a closer look at the Trophy, has a lot of features that I like. Almost a 7gal tank on that rocket plus cruise.

A new 1400 FJR might steer me away though.

I like Triumphs.

I liked the older Trophy.

I don't think I like this one. Reminds me of the BMW K1600 GT. F-A-T front fairing. TOOOO fat for my tastes. Seems to me it would be like pushing an overloaded grocery cart around in front of you. No thanks.

The trend of the newer sport touring machines makes my ST1100 look and feel almost sport-bike narrow up front! :-0

- kbt

Will be interesting to see the price tag on the new Trophy, looks like she's loaded to compete with BMW.

Not crazy on the look of how the bottom of the rear pannier and muffler aren't parallel to one another as on the FJR.

Also curious to see how it looks w/o the panniers in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too heavy. Looks like a R1200RT mated to an FJR. But I like the adjustable suspension.

I'm still waiting for used Multistradas to go down in price (or my savings account to get bigger).

I had a Sprint ST before the FJR and I can attest to the character and smoothness of the Triumph Triple. Dang, I really shouldn't be thinking about a new bike next year...
My FJ shares the garage with a Triumph Tiger 1050. You are correct, the triple has tons of character and smoothness. I ride the FJ when the wife wants to go, and the Tiger when I want to have some long distance fun solo.

DSCN1105.jpg
DSCN0929.jpg

Nice Tiger! I always wanted to ride a Tiger as the Sprint was more than a bit cramped for me. Considered on before purchasing the FJR. The thing that gravitated me to the FJR was wind and weather protection, but it looks like you may have that licked with that huge windscreen on the Tiger.

Nice Tiger! I always wanted to ride a Tiger as the Sprint was more than a bit cramped for me. Considered on before purchasing the FJR. The thing that gravitated me to the FJR was wind and weather protection, but it looks like you may have that licked with that huge windscreen on the Tiger.
The angle of the pic just makes it look huge. It is better than the oem and I can look over the top of it.

arte.jpg

(This is the president of BMW reacting to the new Triumph.) I think it's kind of interesting too, with the ST market being so small and quiet. At least that's the usual take on it here to explain why the FJR stays so unchanged year after year.

It does seem Triumph has incorporated lots of the features people mention when they talk about "upgrades." I'd like to see the bike, although it seems to look like a lot of others we already see. Nice color. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FAIL.

Wet weight shown on the Triumph is more than the FJR...and they don't even include the bags in the wet weight.

Weighs more, less power.

FAIL.

Use a proven platform like the FJR...even a GEN 2. :clapping:

One could hardly say "enters the touring segment"

They have been at it for quite some time

Just sayin'