2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, Mr. Triumph quotes his Trophy's fuel tank capacity as 26 litres, compares well with the 25 of the FJR, so range should be similar.

Specs here (this is their UK site).

My local trumpet dealer says he should be getting them in during October.

I can't even think about a different bike at my age. I like Miss Piggy pretty much the way she is, however, self cancelling turn signals would be nice. Funny, my cheapass VStar 950 had them but not the FJR. :huh:

I think before folks go getting too excited about the Trophy SE, they might want to head over to the Tiger Explorer forum and read up on some of motor-related concerns those owners have. Perhaps some of you early FJR Gen I owners may recognize this sound...

Personally, I think Triumph has some work to do on that mill. <_<

I think before folks go getting too excited about the Trophy SE, they might want to head over to the Tiger Explorer forum and read up on some of motor-related concerns those owners have. Perhaps some of you early FJR Gen I owners may recognize this sound...

:rofl:

Oh great. Gee, thanks a lot. Now the 'dreaded tick' nightmares will be back!

Can't say I am going to be critical of the Trophy SE at this point. All we know is what we have read about it. Until I can see, feel, and ride it I can't criticize it.

I does have amenities the FJR does not, perhaps Yamaha will pull it's head out of a dark place and get with the program. Lets face it we are paying the price for adding some of the features the SE will have as standard equipment.

I don't ride for the brand, my loyalty goes only so far. This does not mean I am going to toss my FJR out of the garage. At this point I love the FJR and see no reason to replace it as of yet, or ever for that matter.

It will be interesting to see what the Triumph has to offer and what Yamaha has to counter with.

Ouch!

Good info. Guess that prices favorably compared to BMW. A little expensive compared to FJR, ST1300, and C14, but then it does offer a lot of amenities that those other don't. Should be an interesting option in the ST market. Can't wait to see an MCN comparo.
Yes, I'm hoping for a MCN comparo too!

A couple of throughts -

'12 FJR MSRP is $15,590 - have '13 prices been released? regardless, with the SE you're getting a factory cruise and an integrated radio/entertainment system. To my knowledge, they haven't released the alternator specs yet (I sent Triumph an email ~month ago, that was the reply), but if it gets the 900 watt setup that the Explorer does, then that is another extra over the FJR IMO.

FJR's you can generally get deals on - I did and many others here as well. Plus the fact that they've been around for many yrs means great deals on used. The SE's in my neck of the woods are sold at BMW dealers (Daytona BMW is closest to me), and they don't really deal that much, plus have add ons to the price. Granted, I have not bought a bike from them, but point is there are probably no deals to be had esp in the beginning, and certainly there are no used options. So those things add up to the SE being higher than even the difference in MSRP shows.

I personally am interested in this bike, but my '09 still has alot of life left in it - I'll have ~70K on it by the end of this season - so maybe when it is approaching the 200k point there will be used SEs in the market at lower prices, and new bike issues have been worked out, and if I still don't think it's a deal then another FJR is but a craigslist or forum ad away at decent pricing! I would only look @ black or silver Gen 2's used anyway (so body panels interchange if needed), so that limits the yrs to '08-'10, which will only be getting older.......

I guess it will depend on each individual if the SE upgrades over a FJR makes it worthwhile; for me, I'm gonna sit it out, enjoy what I have, and keep watching - not to mention if the much talked about but never realized Gen 3 FJR comes out and it's all that and more!

Looks kind of like an angry bird from the front, no?

triumphtrophy.jpg

Latest issue of Motorcyclist (December '12) has a review of the Trophy, seems like they liked it.