2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob did his best but there is no overcoming the Curse of OM. HABS look like they are toast.

canadiens%20burnt-toast-L.jpg

it will be lucky if I catch the Stanley Cup on TV. It's fucking June already.

Pretend sport???

Zilla you've obviously never seen a live game!

I figured a guy like you would love a rough and tumble sport like NHL Hockey??

I went to a game a couple years ago and sat 2 rows from the glass.

I was amazed at how fast the guys could stop/start/ on those skates......a few steps and they're at FULL speed!!! You can't appreciate that watching it on TV.

VERY tough game and they have be in VERY good shape to play!

Last edited by a moderator:
Always? No. When it started out the finals were in the middle of March. But I suspect we won;t see them going back anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it does seem to stretch out for a while. All of these 7 game series just for the privilege to play for the cup seems a bit much, but the arenas are full of fans no matter how many games they play, so there is no incentive to cut back.

Pretend sport???

I was amazed at how fast the guys could stop/start/ on those skates......a few steps and they're at FULL speed!!! You can't appreciate that watching it on TV.

Nope...Been to a few live games. Donno why, but after a while, I get bored. That, and I think professional hockey players are whining douche bags. Of course, I'm not really a fan of any professional sports, so it's not like I treat any one any different than the others. I swear, if all pro sports got cancelled tomorrow, it wouldn't affect me one way or the other.

Yeah, it does seem to stretch out for a while. All of these 7 game series just for the privilege to play for the cup seems a bit much, but the arenas are full of fans no matter how many games they play, so there is no incentive to cut back.
It's one of the hardest championships to win in pro sports, you need 16 games to win Lord Stanleys Cup.

Pretend sport???

Nope...Been to a few live games. Donno why, but after a while, I get bored. That, and I think professional hockey players are whining douche bags. Of course, I'm not really a fan of any professional sports, so it's not like I treat any one any different than the others. I swear, if all pro sports got cancelled tomorrow, it wouldn't affect me one way or the other.
You think hockey players are whiners? they make the least $$$$ of the major pro sports.

What do you think of NBA players?? I think they whine a lot!

Always? No. When it started out the finals were in the middle of March. But I suspect we won;t see them going back anytime soon.
Always currently.

There are a lot more teams now.