2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iggy, I see you did not plot in the 2003 MSRP, which I recollect was $11,499. Very interesting chart.
Exactly. I purposely didn't since the 2003 wasn't offered in an ABS model and would skew the chart IMO. I wanted to be as apples-to-apples as reasonable...and ABS in North America for all but one year of the FJR is the most telling.

I first used a variation of this chart a year or two ago when a few people seemingly got high-centered on the false notion that the FJR was becoming "too expensive" as they were looking at absolute cost and not adjusting over time and inflation.

The regular ABS version is up as well even adjusted for inflation ($386), but still a better value compared to a 2005, 2010, and 2011 adjusted for inflation. This average year model price is still less than $100 change (downward incidentally) since 2004...again adjusted for inflation.
A chart for price of the ABS model over time. The 2016 fits very close to the trend line!

I didn't include the ES model as we only have 3 years of experience...not exactly an informative trend.
You can still get one at the 2003 price in Canada. $12,500 US for an ES. ;)

re: D&H Cycles AdamK posted: 877 392-6242 Ask for Gerald. Tell him Adam sent you.
smile.png
Several of us will be there Saturday. Hope to see both Gerald and Renae. Will ask about their 2016 fly-n-ride details.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: D&H Cycles AdamK posted: 877 392-6242 Ask for Gerald. Tell him Adam sent you.
smile.png
Several of us will be there Saturday. Hope to see both Gerald and Renae.
Great! I've never met Gerald, just spoke with him a few times on the phone. Tell him "hi" from Adam in Seattle! :) He offered to pick me up at the airport if I purchase an FJR from him. :)

Are you purchasing FJR's while you're there?

Nope, we're riding FJRs there. You're welcome to join us. Read the linked thread for details. PM me if you're coming; wouldn't want to leave without you.
coolsmiley02.gif

It is only money guys. It is no good until you spend it. If you run out, go back to work and earn more. Simple.

Seriously, the FJR is the best Bang for the Buck in the Sport Touring Market. As Norm mentioned, Honda is still listing the 2012 ST1300 on their website and it still costs more than the 2016 FJR. And honestly, the ST1300 is comparable to the early Gen2 bikes. It is not even close to the Gen3 and not even in the same class as the ES and whatever Gen # we decided the 2016 was.

I can tell you that when I ride my '15 I am NOT regretting the money I spent. The '16 should be even better.

D&H does have a great price, I did talk to Gerald, and he did confirm the OTD price. He also said he's been swamped with calls since the price release earlier today. Fortunately for me, when I stopped at my dealer after work, and sat down to discuss price...he threw me a price that I could not pass up. His OTD price might be just a little better than if I had done a fly and ride down to D&H, after paying the taxes. So life is good, and sometime in early April it should be even better. Woohoo!!!

I've about decided I want a 15.I hope the rest of you create a shortage of 16's....

smile.png
All of the Really Cool Kids have the '15.
smile.png

I too hope there is a shortage of '16s. I would like to see lots of these Cobalt Blue beauties on the road. What would better send Yamaha a message to keep improving and refining this platform?

D&H does have a great price, I did talk to Gerald, and he did confirm the OTD price. He also said he's been swamped with calls since the price release earlier today. Fortunately for me, when I stopped at my dealer after work, and sat down to discuss price...he threw me a price that I could not pass up. His OTD price might be just a little better than if I had done a fly and ride down to D&H, after paying the taxes. So life is good, and sometime in early April it should be even better. Woohoo!!!
Glad to see you're not wasting any time...ready for SEOR?

Glad to see you're not wasting any time...ready for SEOR?
Hell yeah I am...can't wait.

Well, you would have to pay sales tax in your State either way, so you can remove that from the equation. You wouldn't have to pay AL taxes either. So what I <think> you're saying is you paid more that the D&H out-the-door price, but less than the D&H OTD price + travel costs?? Care to share how much more? I have to start hammering on my local dealer. :)

What I'm saying is...that the price I paid OTD (including tax) locally is a little less than I would have paid, if I had done a fly and ride to D&H + (the tax I would have to pay after I got the bike back home).

What I'm saying is...that the price I paid OTD (including tax) locally is a little less than I would have paid, if I had done a fly and ride to D&H + (the tax I would have to pay after I got the bike back home).
Got it. Looks like you're a long day, 650 miles 10+ hour ride, from Cullman. So no hotel costs, just a few tanks of gas and $125 flight. So less than $200 over the D&H price? It's a $500 flight for me and 2500 miles. :)

Never, ever hurts to visit your local dealer and throw out a reasonable offer. Although not on the same scale, I did the same for my Tenere's 4-year YES and came away supporting the dealer and making the deal in one stop. Glad it worked out for you Joe! Can't wait to read ride reviews from the new '16 owners!

Pricing for the '16 is a little higher than I had figured...makes my new [used] '15 look even better! Whew...dodged that bullet.
tonguesmiley.gif

--G