2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I survive for so long without cruise control??
Today I hit the 100 mile mark...haven't tried the cruise yet, but I'm sure I will this weekend.
Joe, after you used it....you will be spoiled. JS
yes.gif

Today I hit the 100 mile mark...haven't tried the cruise yet, but I'm sure I will this weekend.
Don't want to turn this into a "breaking in" thread, but.

It's suggested in any break-in method that you don't run the engine at a constant speed for extended periods. By all means test the CC, but don't use it for more than a few miles at a time until you've finished whatever break-in method you are using.

Only had cruise on for about a mile or so at a time... But even so... WOW. Had to adjust the clutch throw length on the fly as it was set on 1 and I found that really annoying. Transmission is smooooooth... But I had to remind myself there was an extra gear there!

Not black, gunmetal grey is the description. Did you notice the footshield extension on the fairing. Chris
Nice! Where did those come from?
Foot shields are available from your friendly Yamaha dealer north of the border.

--G
$363 CAN! At least we'd get the USD-CAN discount.
smile.png
$283 USD
But what exactly do they do...other than keep your boots clean?
coolsmiley02.gif
I would imagine if you do a lot of wet weather riding they would help keep you boot dry and also keep your feet warmer. I don't do enough wet weather riding to justify it, but I know people who ride year round that could use them!

...But what exactly do they do...other than keep your boots clean? :coolsmiley02:
They don't do much other than keeping my boots cleaner than without them.
I have them fitted simply because I got them for nothing. They'll be coming off the next time my side panels do, to me they don't help the looks of the bike. My boots are waterproof and I don't get upset if they get dirty. Rain eventually cleans them off anyway.

I put them on because I commute on my

Not black, gunmetal grey is the description. Did you notice the footshield extension on the fairing. Chris
Nice! Where did those come from?
Foot shields are available from your friendly Yamaha dealer north of the border.

--G
$363 CAN! At least we'd get the USD-CAN discount.
smile.png
$283 USD
But what exactly do they do...other than keep your boots clean?
coolsmiley02.gif
Why did I get them,

• Improved weather protection, except for snow I try and ride every day.
  • I like the look, especially with the Yamaha frame slides (still to be fitted)
Chris