2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealer promises, "Delivery in April. Probably." :-(
That was the story yesterday, 3/30/16. Then called this morning to say truck dropped off my FJR! But the bike assembly guy was off today. So delivery will be April 1!

Prophecy Fulfilled!
smile.png

"That was the story yesterday, 3/30/16. Then called this morning to say truck dropped off my FJR! But the bike assembly guy was off today. So delivery will be April 1!

Prophecy Fulfilled!
smile.png
"

Congrats...enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe - I bet you are wound up tight as a drum, man!!

When I got my '14 last year, thankfully, there was no time to get excited. Those turkeys I call friends had everything all lined up for me before I even knew it.

Picked up my 2016 ES this afternoon. Feels very different than my '08. Clutch is much lighter and engages much further out. BIG difference in gearbox feel. Smooth, not clunky. If it feels this good brand new it should really something once it breaks in. New instruments will take some getting used to.

Picked up my 2016 ES this afternoon. Feels very different than my '08. Clutch is much lighter and engages much further out. BIG difference in gearbox feel. Smooth, not clunky. If it feels this good brand new it should really something once it breaks in. New instruments will take some getting used to.
Congratulations. It won't take you long. The tiny numbers on the tach and speedo of the Gen2 have been a source of minor irritation for Pop from day one. When he jumped off his '07 and rode my '15 that was one of the first things he noticed. "I can see how fast I'm going!" he told me.

There are so many minor improvements along with the major improvements that I sometimes find it difficult to remember how great the early FJRs really were. I envy those of you getting the '16.

Well - this has turned out to be quite a week for a few of our brethren!

Damm fine looking bike in that picture, Rich! Mucho congrats to you, FJR919, and Joe.