• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2017 FJR1300ES for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luis

Reaction score
Please, note ad on CL https://ithaca.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cortland-2017-yamaha-fjr-es/7175090837.html

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES (Raven) bought in Nov 201710,200miIt is barely ridden! In absolutely mint condition. All the plastics were wrapped with 3M Scotchguard pro from day one, including tank, mirrors, fairing, headlights, side plastics… absolutely everything!Of course, it comes with bags and bag liners, 2 sets of OEM keys and everything that the bike came with from the dealer!Y.E.S warranty (still active)Brand new tires just fitted last week! (Michelin Pilot Road 2)It has Yamaha OEM frame sliders fitted.Optional Russel Day Long saddle (only rider) as well as the OEMCompletely up to date with all services

Since my 2001 is not selling (almost a relief!) I have decided to try my luck with my 2017. I need to make some room in my garage before I am allowed to buy a new one! I MUST HAVE A ZERO!

00Y0Y_jHYg4XMsGSg_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_ixLXL8iHyCW_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_5myoY8oDSNK_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_6yv3fZa8s7X_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_idnq6fP6RFk_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Thank you all for looking!

Luis

GLWS, gorgeous bike.  My 2004 has garnered zero interest as well.  I think the motorcycle sales market has COVID....

I really like the black on this bike.

Skooter has a point.  KBB is calling for $11,560 for a 2017 ES in good condition and typical mileage".  Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown. Additional options added are assumed to be in good condition and in working order”$12,420 for a 2018.  $860 of difference between these two years.  This bike has lower mileage than “typical” and in addition has OEM frame sliders and a complete 3M Scotchgard wrap kit from day 1.  I think $100 for $300 OEM frame sliders and additional $140 to account for the “lower than typical” mileage is a fair price.  $11,800 sounds fair price.

While KBB does provide a point of reference, it often does not reflect reality.  The best gauge of pricing for a bike is what they are selling for.  Even this varies tremendously by region - some places they sell pretty quickly for a decent price and other places it is hard to practically give them away.  Look at prices for used 2016+ as well as brand new 2020 on Cycletrader for a dose of reality.  Minor "farkles" add nothing to the price and major stuff (Russell seat, full crash bars, aftermarket exhaust, Smuggler, fancy auxiliary lights etc may get 25% of their value on a sale (best to remove and sell separately)).

Unfortunately, bikes sell for what people are willing to pay, not necessarily what they are worth.  Good for the buyer but not for the seller!