Airbox Modification

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Factory CO settings

...Are the CO settings different for some cylinders and model years because...

WHAT CO VALUES DO I RUN (+7,+12,+30,all the same)? .What is the consensus?

Do I need to re-sync the throttle bodies?...
Cylinder to cylinder C0 will not be equal due to variations in all aspects from intake to the exhaust and not just one or two big items. In the early years Yamaha apparently trimmed the CO values of each cylinder to achieve a fairly small range of differences. I would guess that Yamaha found that as long as the engine meets EPA ratings a more precise and expensive adjustment process just wasn't worth it.

What CO value to run? The right value. And, you find the right value by drilling the head pipes, installing 4 EGA bungs, hooking the motorcycle that is on a chassis dyno to a 4 channel EGA machine and tune the engine while it is running under load.

Anything you do to change the cylinders will require a re-sync.

Factory CO settings

...Are the CO settings different for some cylinders and model years because...

WHAT CO VALUES DO I RUN (+7,+12,+30,all the same)? .What is the consensus?

Do I need to re-sync the throttle bodies?...
Cylinder to cylinder C0 will not be equal due to variations in all aspects from intake to the exhaust and not just one or two big items. In the early years Yamaha apparently trimmed the CO values of each cylinder to achieve a fairly small range of differences. I would guess that Yamaha found that as long as the engine meets EPA ratings a more precise and expensive adjustment process just wasn't worth it.

What CO value to run? The right value. And, you find the right value by drilling the head pipes, installing 4 EGA bungs, hooking the motorcycle that is on a chassis dyno to a 4 channel EGA machine and tune the engine while it is running under load.

Anything you do to change the cylinders will require a re-sync.
What the fart smeller said. ^^^^^

Barbarian jumper mod is just guessing. You have no idea what baseline you are starting from. You *could* actually be running rich in one or more or all cylinders. With all those other mods, why would you just guess? Do it right. I am confounded why nobody around here makes the effort to do it right.

Not sure why you would do the O2 sensor eliminator without having a PCIII?