Ambient thermometer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3229124651_d95899e6e2.jpg

The one on the far right looks like a DirecTV remote.
huh.gif

W2

Actualy it is the read out for the metal detector. Mikey likes to cruise the beach looking for treasure. Heard he found a 73 Honda 250 Elsinore Kickstand and is selling it on ebay.

KM

When the weather rock is wet, it's raining. When the weather rock is dry and bright, it's sunny.

When the weather rock is at an angle, it's windy.

When the weather rock is white, it's snowing.

:rolleyes:

I don't think there is a commonly used temp gauge for Gen Is. Check out This one. Stops working when it gets wet, but some people use them.

Another type

Stick on

I might get one of the three below. Easy to install, not too spendy, waterproof and shockproof, designed with motorcycles in mind.

Really nice waterproof stick on

Same in black for cheaper

Another face style
The formotion thermometers are very nice and mine glows quite bright at night, but if the sun is out it reads 10 degrees high. the very cloudy days and winter it reads fine. I mounted it on the black panel that covers the battery. I suppose if you could get it out of direct sunlight it would help....... Just my experience with it. I would get another if somthing happened to it.

TBW

I flew this:
orion003.jpg

for quite a number of years...miss it alot...Feejer is substitute...enuf said...
I used to work on depot repair of the HF Radio and 1KW power amp used on the P3C, RCA designed that stuff in the early 60's!2 watts in 1KW out, 2-30Mhz at about 40lbs with the power supply (400Hz) included is pretty impressive even these days.

The formotion thermometers are very nice and mine glows quite bright at night, but if the sun is out it reads 10 degrees high. the very cloudy days and winter it reads fine. I mounted it on the black panel that covers the battery. I suppose if you could get it out of direct sunlight it would help....... Just my experience with it. I would get another if somthing happened to it.

TBW
Good to know. Thanks for the input.

We were trying to convince Datel to make a combo voltmeter/temp gauge for a while, but they didn't want to do it due to high cost.

I have a Coralife Digital Thermometer made for aquariums, been working perfect for close to 3 years now. I see the price has gone up to $6.04

Google it for where to order, I mounted mine with velcro on the dash to the right of the clock and ran the sensor to under the headlight. Works rain or shine.

Coldest reading was 19.5 north of Bishop Ca. a few winters back :)

I have the Harbor Freight Thermo unit, but mount it on the left side of the tach

to maybe provide 'better rain protection' when leaned left on side stand.

Attached via sticky backed velcro tape included with unit.

It works, had it 2 years and pleased:

sticky active thermo sensor is placed underneath headlights, out of sunlight.

Responds to temp changes pretty quickly - winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, where'd you get the cup holder?

my thermometer is mounted with Radio Shack industrial grade sticky foam tape

top right with the sensor just under the dash plastic

it has a switch between a sensor in the screen and a remote sensor; I blacked out the yellow colored switch

Harbor Freight Digital Thermometer

hope this helps

Best of luck with ya Feejer ('04 is the best !!! :rolleyes: )

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Mike, where'd you get the cup holder?
google "ram cupholder"

just the cupholder is about $18

or one with the arm plus U-clamp is about $34

I used a clutch clamp mount

single ball or double ball

I Think This Would Work and is Ready for Installation

Call Cycle Gadgets and get a quote or google the abovef OR

Get It Here

RAM products at CycleGadgets

I would call them and see if they have the cupholder; I believe they do

"R-A-M motorcycle mount for clutch/brake reservoir bolts. Ideal solution for Gold Wing, Concours, ST1100/1300, FJR series, or many bikes that have irregular-shaped or shrouded handlebars. Requires two fastening screws spaced 15/16" to 1-1/2" apart. Includes metric screws. "

mines a double for GPS plus cupholder - single is also available - need an appropriate arm of some length (1.5", 3", or 5")

RAM-HB2_thumb.jpg

my thermometer is mounted with Radio Shack industrial grade sticky foam tape

top right with the sensor just under the dash plastic

it has a switch between a sensor in the screen and a remote sensor; I blacked out the yellow colored switch

Harbor Freight Digital Thermometer

hope this helps

Best of luck with ya Feejer ('04 is the best !!! :rolleyes: )

Mike in Nawlins'

You're about one set of risers from being the first fully chopped FJR.

@Patriot - You know, a real man would use a pink bendy straw in that bottle. ;)

That's an awful lot of crap stuff on there! Pretty soon you'll need a remote starter because you can't reach the key.

I got one of these: time, volts, temp (with icing warning).
IMG_0025.jpg
had it awhile ???

went with that on my cruiser; found it was not very water resistant and the sun would blank out the screen

then after about 9 months, it didn't keep good time

any problems????

maybe they've fixed those problems lately

hope so

Mike in Nawlins'

@Patriot - You know, a real man would use a pink bendy straw in that bottle. ;)
That's an awful lot of crap stuff on there! Pretty soon you'll need a remote starter because you can't reach the key.
I do have a bendy straw, but since the foamy in the cupholder is yellow (gold), the straw is purple and green

(do you know what purple, gold, & green mean ?????????)

remote starter, they got a 3rd party remote starter ??????????

PLEASE SEND LINK TO THE REMOTE STARTER ASAP...

Hey Patriot,

What risers are you using and how did you mount them?

Did the electrical, brake and clutch lines still reach?