Andrew Knight Symbology

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this until Wednesday evening. Monday I was locked in a room with servers and customers anyway, so I rode today, all afternoon. I even met another Feej, the ONLY time that's ever happened to me on the road.

Being on the "right" coast, I've not met any of the people associated with Andrew, nor have I met Andrew himself. I enjoyed every post he put up, for the information, the humor, the story, and the photography. I've alway tried to hold my own writing and camera work to a very high standard, but I have very little that approaches what Andrew could post at will.

I have the good fortune to live in a beautiful part of the country, with clear sea, pure quartz-white beaches, good climate, and I share it with a lovely woman. I also have a unique location name: the body of water behind me here is St. Andrew Bay.

fb2a0781.jpg

This wasn't supposed to be a sunset, but when I got there, the camera batteries were dead and I had to run up to a store and get new ones, by which time I'd lost the light I wanted and had to make do.

I hadn't checked the forum for a week or so, and missed the immediate news. Monday I was riding all day - Track Day, and I only saw the threads the next day. Here is my tribute photo, taken this morning. Yes, it was raining a bit (rain on the screen), and that was appropriate - the sky was crying. But there are also beautiful colours, symboloic of the beauty Andrew brought to us through his posts and photo's. And the sun was breaking through the clouds at times - symbolic of where we are right now - grey and sombre one moment, on the verge of tears, and bright and uplifted the next, as we remember the light and brightness Andrew shared with all of us. May God bless your family, Andrew, and give them peace at this time.

David.

7326vjr.jpg

I hadn't checked the forum for a week or so, and missed the immediate news. Monday I was riding all day - Track Day, and I only saw the threads the next day. Here is my tribute photo, taken this morning. Yes, it was raining a bit (rain on the screen), and that was appropriate - the sky was crying. But there are also beautiful colours, symboloic of the beauty Andrew brought to us through his posts and photo's. And the sun was breaking through the clouds at times - symbolic of where we are right now - grey and sombre one moment, on the verge of tears, and bright and uplifted the next, as we remember the light and brightness Andrew shared with all of us. May God bless your family, Andrew, and give them peace at this time.
David.
Beautiful post, David. Thanks for that.

and a related symbology I added today...
That's a sweet touch, Thumpy. Not many may notice, but I did. Always thought that 'made' the bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our next ride, as it was to be, is somewhat poignant and ever so symbolic. So I went with Andrew this weekend. Just the two of us. We had a blast. I still couldn't get a shot of him over my shoulder, though he tried to teach me the technique many times...

Sadly, here, where this picture was taken, we parted ways. He had somewhere else to go and I didn't ask where. He simply was gone with the wind, wearing that grin of his.

IMG_1006.jpg

See you down the road, buddy. Have a Macallan ready for me, k?

Thanks for leaving this open, WC. :good:

Thanks, Tim. You got it right!

Here's a little picture of my right pannier. I didn't take it at the Andrew's Memorial so I ran out the garage and snapped it before WC closes this thread.

AndrewsMemorialandSymbology006-1.jpg

He'll be riding with me all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined your forum today to pay tribute to an amazing photographer, rider and forum friend, that I met over on the Pashnit forum.

I had the fortune of meeting Andrew by chance at a stoplight in Granite Bay one day in the summer of 06. I was riding my trusty Lola, an 1100 Vstar and she was a pretty bold lady and fairly well known over on the Pashnit forum. He rode up next to me and introduced himself and as the light changed we headed to the road side to finish our conversation. He told me he was taking his lunch break and asked where I was heading. I explained that I was schedule free and heading to Auburn over 49 to Placerville. He expressed his jealousy told me to take some great pix and said he was glad that I had invested in some "real" gear and wasn't afraid to wear it, even while riding a cruiser! We laughed and parted ways.

I love serendipity. It makes me realize how wonderfully small our moto community really is and that regardless what one rides we are all sharing the love of adventure on two wheels. I still don't own an FJR and until they make them way shorter, i won't, but I always ride ATGATT and i love my riding adventures.

May your adventures continue, Andrew and peace to your family.

100_2485.jpg

When I was a young man, I happened upon a funeral in New Orleans. The people were parading down the street with typical New Orleans Jazz blaring. The people in the funeral procession were dancing to the music and smiling. I asked why they seemed to jovial. The answer, which I will never forget, was that they were celebrating his life...not morning his death.

Reading all the tributes to Andrew Knight, it made me think that here was a very special man with a lot of friends who had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. And, it is a trueism that he who dies with the most friends ...WINS.

So, Sunday, at 20 degrees, I met with a riding friend and told him the story. Before we went out for a cold ride, we decided to pay tribute, not to a friend, but to a man who had many friends. A man who, my friend, Bob Hall, would call a RIDER. Bob, who was the 2001 Iron Butt winner classifies motorcyclists as Owners and Riders....Owners stand kicking tires in a parking lot....Riders due just that...RIDE!

So, on that cold morning, Bob and I CELEBRATED what appeared to be a wonderful life of a Rider.

KernandBob.jpg

Sorry to post so late, the wife and I have been out of town.

IMG_0789.jpg

I joined your forum today to pay tribute to an amazing photographer, rider and forum friend, that I met over on the Pashnit forum.
I had the fortune of meeting Andrew by chance at a stoplight in Granite Bay one day in the summer of 06.
Thanks for sharing that, demenshea, and thanks for the photo.

Pashnit folk are cool. B)

I love serendipity. It makes me realize how wonderfully small our moto community really is and that regardless what one rides we are all sharing the love of adventure on two wheels. I still don't own an FJR and until they make them way shorter, i won't, but I always ride ATGATT and i love my riding adventures.
Well fancy meeting you over here! Good to see you again. You know, you don't HAVE to be all that tall to ride an FJR. I've put 20K on mine so far. Valet parking does help, when available though :)

Jill

I haven't actually logged on in a while, then I saw this...I'm so sorry. I too have tears in my eyes for a man I never met. I just liked his vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.