Anybody have experience with AARP Moto Insurance?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
Through a rather unique opportunity, I will be eligible for AARP motorcycle insurance by the time my current policy expires. My Dairyland renewal is $443.00 for the next year. Has anybody called AARP and gotten a quote recently?

IIRC, they use Hartford. I got a quote from them a few years ago, but they were quite a bit higher than Foremost. I pay $363/yr - yep, just under $1/day - for full coverage on a 2003 Wing and 2007 FJR. $300k/100k and all that, but I do have $1k deductible on col/comp. I was really surprised with Foremost, who is (was?) Farmers' Insurance high risk company. Seems like everyone has to get their own quotes, though. There doesn't seem to be much logic behind the rates...

But mine's unique in that I'm ALREADY eligible AND younger than you :p
Honorary fossil, Toe? :lol:

Please 'splain to us how that fits with the Toecutter character of the Mad Max future. Or is this just a scam you're contemplating that you don't dare commit to writing? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They came in a lot higher than my Progressive policy. I don't remember the details. I just remember it was something I didn't have to think about. I stayed where I was.

Still, you know how it is with insurance -- they take so many variables into account, it's hard to guess and it's going to differ from person to person. It won't hurt to ask.

Through a rather unique opportunity, I will be eligible for AARP motorcycle insurance by the time my current policy expires. My Dairyland renewal is $443.00 for the next year. Has anybody called AARP and gotten a quote recently?
I have 05 FJR insured with AARP they use Foremost Insurance for bike now. My bike costs me $184.00 a year for 250/500 lilability and 500 deductable on the comp, and collision. They have the best price I could find on thr FJR. I am 58 years old with a good driving record.

Latest posts