Area Created for FJR Riders in the '09 IBR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're reading this...you're in a private forum area for FJR riders that are in the '09 IBR. Feel free to share. The only people that have access to this are FJR riders in the '09 IBR, Admins (cause they have access to everything and won't interfere), and people working with the IBR (like Kaitsdad).

Riders

Ignacio (Matt Watkins)

Skooterg (Greg Marbach)

vectervp1 (Art Montoya)

gofar (Dick Peek)

turbodave_98 (Dave Hicks)

YankeeFeejer - Bob St. George

ssfd110 - Michael Evans

NMdcporter - Dave Porter

jwhite518 - Jerry White

tel - Terry Neale

catfish - ?

cal24master - Tom Melchild

beeroux - George Zelenz

Still Trying to Find Forum Handle

Alan Barbic

Checkpoint Assistance

Kaitsdad (Hal Risser)

GunMD (Scott Wright)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matt!

First off, let's see if we can account for as many of the FJR IBR types.

Here's a few more:

Tom Melchild (cal24master?)

Alan Barbic

Bob St. George

NMdcporter (forum name)

That's all I can think of right now. Anybody else?

How about beeroux - George Zelenz?

Is he still a player?

Welcome Dave - Glad you've been found!

Iggy, as for Alan Barbic, I wonder if he is even a member of the forum?

Unfortunately I had to withdraw from this years IBR. But you guys just may be seeing around somewhere the end of next month.

It was purely financial reasons. It is pretty tough out there.

Tom

I came very close to the same decision. Sorry to hear that, Tom.

Fortunately, My GS sold a couple of weeks ago. Construction here is very slow.

Unfortunately I had to withdraw from this years IBR. But you guys just may be seeing around somewhere the end of next month.
It was purely financial reasons. It is pretty tough out there.

Tom

I'm on and still planning on doing the show.

Reference others, believe GZ is not in, Know Barbic is in ([email protected]), think Doug Webb(soCal) is in.

I will be departing Los Angeles on 16 August for a couple of 1100 days to Spartanburg, checking in on 19 Aug. Route not nailed down, could be either I 10/20/40/70?? Anyone interested in joining me?

Tom, sorry to hear you had to drop out. I will miss you smile, laugh and friendship but hope to catch up later with you. Really dug the CA24 this year even if ridden on an 09 WeeStrom!

Skooter good idea, Matt thanks for setting up this link. Cool beans!!

Scott Wright and a friend of his that I don't think is on the forum have also volunteered to assist FJR riders. They were both 90% sure they could help, they just had to both check with their respective wives. They were suppose to get back with me sometime this week with a definite yes or no.

Holy cow, we've forgotten Jerry White!
I'm remembered now. :)

Really bad news that Tom is out. I'm bummed for you, Tom. And yes GZ is also out, financial reasons.

Someone told me they thought there would only be about 60 riders in this years Butt, due to the economy. I hope that's just a rumor.

I just remembered Terry Neale (tel).

I just remembered Terry Neale (tel).
Yeah, but my good buddy Terry, though an FJR owner, is riding a......*BMW*......gasp!!!!!

So he doesn't deserve our assistance or respect. He deserves our derision, contempt, and insults. :p

I mean, I don't think there are going to be too many topics in this area pertaining to 'how to carry a spare final drive during the IBR'. :D

There are some topics I want to discuss, but I am slammed getting ready for the trip to WFO. Hopefully soon.

Good to see a good group here.

And bummed to hear about Tom and GZ. :(

Scott Wright and a friend of his that I don't think is on the forum have also volunteered to assist FJR riders. They were both 90% sure they could help, they just had to both check with their respective wives. They were suppose to get back with me sometime this week with a definite yes or no.
Art,

Just spoke to my buddy and we're both in for sure.

(BTW, we were TELLING our wives that we would be going, not asking). :unsure:

Thanks Matt!
First off, let's see if we can account for as many of the FJR IBR types.

Here's a few more:

Tom Melchild (cal24master?)

Alan Barbic

Bob St. George

NMdcporter (forum name)

That's all I can think of right now. Anybody else?
I didn't realize there were so many forum members that made the 09 cut. Congratulations and good luck!

Yeah, but my good buddy Terry, though an FJR owner, is riding a......*BMW*......gasp!!!!!
Since when? I thought he was riding his FJR? Doug Webb spent so much time getting it ready, and he rode it in the Spank last month.

We need Terry to set the record straight. Plus, he has a great avatar. ;)

Since when? I thought he was riding his FJR? Doug Webb spent so much time getting it ready, and he rode it in the Spank last month.

Terry IS riding his 06 FJR.

Doug Webb is riding his new GS. Best of luck to Mr. Webb.

Terry IS riding his 06 FJR.

Doug Webb is riding his new GS. Best of luck to Mr. Webb.

D'oh! Bart!

Well then, my apologies to Mr. Neale, and my condolences to Mr. Webb.

Yo Terry, it's about time you picked the right bike!

(BTW, we were TELLING our wives that we would be going, not asking). :unsure:
Yeah, ok.

Don't think anybody here is buying that shit. And since Arty-Farty recently got engaged, well.......he's been neutered just like you. Not that in either of your case's there was much to remove in the first place.

:fuck: