Australian release of the FJR 1300 ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queensland Ken

Reaction score
The FJR E is being released today in Australia, 21-3-14, at the Brisbane Bike Show.

It's not called the ES down under.

Considering last Wednesday I was told it wasn't being imported and put a deposit on an A.
It's $2000.00 more than the A, RRP $27000, approx $28500 on road.

The dealer is happy to take an extra $2000.00 from me and is finding out delivery times.

And to top it off, I've bought an A manual, waiting on it's delivery, bugger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, I read in an Australian magazine's FJR test that Australia has a touring version of the FJR that has higher handlebars. Have you ever heard of such a model?

Yep,

The Qld Government cancelled a order on police FJR's when they got into power. (Went back to the Honda ST's)

Yamaha were selling them in both single seat and duel seat versions with most of the factory police options.

They just have the normal riser block as standard.

To quote Mr Yamaha over here, it's a limited import only, I suppose to test the market as they released it this weekend at the Brisbane Bike Show.

Will do the post when the bike arrives.

I'm going down to Tamworth, some 500 kms to trade in the Trophy and pick it up.

Going to take lots of snaps as I assemble it out of the crate.

Will only have myself to blame when I torque up the 36mm steering nut to 85 ft/lbs, not !

Ken

I would have thought that if Yamaha were releasing the new E model on the 21/3/14 there would have been something on the Yamaha Australia website. Bit odd that there's only the A model.

Gaz

I know Gaz, strange !

There is something on their press release page. Info within the article about the Brisbane Bike Show.

The bike is leaving Sydney tomorrow, arrives Tamworth Friday.

Mine was first out of the container.

The dealer rang when I was in theaters, I can't remember the conversation that much.

I had better ring back tomorrow.

The weather is too crook at the moment to ride down anyhow.

I rang Yamaha NZ today and was transferred to a sales guy.He informed me without hesitation that the new model would be here 2-3 months. There might be some hope yet!!. O'h, and by the way Ken, i see Yamaha have updated there website. We now have the A and the AE. They must have been listening.

Gaz

I'll have a look soon on their website.

The dealer told my mate today that I do have the first delivery of the E

Only problem it's real crap weather continuing through to next week for the 500Km ride down.

Also the panniers are shipped separately as a "spare part" and not with the bike, so useless to pick up the bike without them.

It's a pity NZ is treated as a backwater, like Australia, in the eyes of Yamaha.

Hope they do import them soon for ya! You have soo many nice roads.

The ES in the States is a manual clutch. The AS in Europe is the YCCS system (auto clutch, paddle shifter). Is the E in OZ the European AS version or the American ES version? I'm waiting on the AS version being available in North America myself but I think I'm going to have a long wait.

I may end up with an Adventure bike over a FJR when it comes time to replace my AE anyways. That is only because there are a ton of unpaved roads I have the itch to explore.

Hi yamafitter, The E down under is the American ES, normal clutch AND black.

RadioHowie, Gazza lives in motorcycling Heaven, fantastic roads, great scenery and lots of tourists that forget what side to drive on.

No call from the dealer yet, last Friday he rang at 7.30pm, waiting waiting waiting.

I'd say you nailed that one Ken. Take note Howie
no.gif

I rode a month in NZ back in 2009 and it really was an awesome place to ride. That trip was the Gold Standard against which to measure all the others.

The FJR E is being released today in Australia, 21-3-14, at the Brisbane Bike Show.
Geez, Ken. How do you expect them to get the delivery correct when the date is backwards..or is it upside down on the wrong side of the road??
rolleyes.gif

Waiting sucks for sure, the Gen 1 owners remember oh to well when Yamaha had the stupid deposit program in the states.

Can't wait to see pictures, good on you!

Hey Yama.......How how much of the South Is did you cover???
Gazza
We spent two weeks on the South Island and then two weeks up North. We made it as far south as Milford Sound before crossing the island and heading up the east coast.

You can read the RR over on ADV Rider here.....

NZ Tour

Geez, Ken. How do you expect them to get the delivery correct when the date is backwards..or is it upside down on the wrong side of the road??
rolleyes.gif
Using the Rest of the World SI Standard the date should be stated as 14-3-21 but due to American exceptionalism the Yanks are allowed to do everything wrong and the date in Australia is affected by the Coriolis Effect.

rolleyes.gif
Using the Rest of the World SI Standard the date should be stated as 14-3-21 but due to American exceptionalism the Yanks are allowed to do everything wrong and the date in Australia is affected by the Coriolis Effect.
Curiously, the American customs form we aliens
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
have to fill in on a plane when entering the US insists on the Australian/UK/(many other countries) order of "Day Month Year". This at least has a logical order of significance.

The SI order is better for sorting by date, as is the normal "Hour Minute Second" order of normal time entries. Of course, the latter gets b*gg*r*d up by using a 12 hour clock with am/pm.

On topic (I think) - don't bother with the ES, get an AS for motorcycling minerva
rolleyes.gif