BeemerDonS crashes, is in hospital.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really sorry to hear that the luck of the Irish finally gave out.

Heal quickly, I believe you've got some European rides planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about this, Don. Maybe I can post some northeast blizzard photos so you will see that it could be worse! Heal quickly!

Don, so sorry to hear this news. My hope is that your healing process is quick and as painless as possible. I'm relieved to hear that you you aren't hurt worse than you are. Know that we look forward to hearing from you, and seeing photos of you riding in the perfect weather that your beloved Arizona offers. JSNS! ;)

Do we know which bike he was on?

Bummer! Always hate hearing this sort of thing.

Heal quickly, the bike can be fixed. Or replaced if need be.

Crap Don, who were you trying to keep up with? Get better soon, and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Tough to hear of this sort of thing. Don, do what they tell you and heal up fast!! Positive thoughts on the way!!

Glad Don is alive to tell of the adventure, not one he wanted to go on..... Yes the orthopedic surgery sucks and he is looking at a few months over recovery. I see guys in my clinic who have crashed but were not wearing safety gear and I do lecture them on it. Best wishes and quick recover Don!

Dang it son,don't be scaring us like that! Injuries sound lousy, but as they say, it could always be worse, but pain is pain. I'm guessing you'll be needing some liquid refreshment to get you though the recovery process and wanted to share my story. While in the hospital years ago after my tangle with a large dog on my 73' XL250, my friends found that a 12 oz. beer fits nicely in a shaving kit. Paper cups worked nicely, but be sure and have your friends take the empties as mine didn't and the nurse was more than a little pissed when she saw it in the trash can! Heal up quickly and keep dems Irish jokes coming!

Sorry to hear this. Looks like you're just gonna hafta grin and bear it. If anybody can, you can. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. You sure rode a lot of tough miles before this, and you'll be back.

Don truly sorry to hear this,happy to hear your on the right side of the grass though. Heal fast!

Really hate hearing things like this, but understand it happens.Sending lots of positive MOJO your way. Enjoy the pain meds while you can. We'll be keeping an eye out of improvement reports.-George &Kim Newman