BeemerDonS crashes, is in hospital.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke to Don this morning.

He had surgery on his leg yesterday. The injury was to the bone and that was the reason for such concern about infection. His shoulder is a mess. He broke the socket off, and he'll be having the whole thing replaced with bionic parts. That surgery has to wait until they can make the parts (sorta like when you need your K1600 repaired
smile.png
), so Papa Chuy will be in the hospital for a good while.

Seth and Seth's mom will be making the trip across the valley to see him later today. Gonna be tough, ...especially for Don, I think.

(BTW, our man was dirt riding when this happened, and this was a warm-up ride for his upcoming Copper Canyon adventure. Something about a gravel berm and a downshift at a bad time. I did not ask him how his F800GS fared.)

In any case, Don has ridden somewhere near a million motorcycle miles, and he's still with us.

For that I'm very grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of the bad news.

Prayers went for a speedy recovery.

A good dose of menudo and few shots of Patron wouldn't hurt either.

Spoke to Don this morning. He had surgery on his leg yesterday. The injury was to the bone and that was the reason for such concern about infection. His shoulder is a mess. He broke the socket off, and he'll be having the whole thing replaced with bionic parts. That surgery has to wait until they can make the parts (sorta like when you need your K1600 repaired:) ), so Papa Chuy will be in the hospital for a good while.

Seth and Seth's mom will be making the trip across the valley to see him later today. Gonna be tough, ...especially for Don, I think.

(BTW, our man was dirt riding when this happened, and this was a warm-up ride for his upcoming Copper Canyon adventure. Something about a gravel berm and a downshift at a bad time. I did not ask him how his F800GS fared.)

In any case, Don has ridden somewhere near a million motorcycle miles, and he's still with us.

Thanks for the update OM...

This is sounding REALLY painful...just glad is he able to mend up. Prayers for Don, Seth and all...

Don,

Just saw this thread this morning.

That really sucks.

Hope the surgical repairs and recovery go as smoothly as possible.

Tell the doctor he needs to get you ready to ride to Cedar City in May.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

John

I'm not sure Don has his cell available to him.

Simply calling the hospital should get you right through to him, unless he's busy with a sponge bath.

As noted by the OP -

West Valley Hospital / Goodyear, AZ

623 882-1500

Room 345

Bed A

It's a private room, and that can get lonely, ...especially for a gregarious Irishman.

Double damn, hate reading this stuff.

Sending good thoughts your way Don!

--Jorge

Last edited by a moderator:
Hourly Enema followed by a cold cream hand job should aid recovery!

Get well soon, hope you can make both Utah and South Dakota, even if you have to come by cage.

With both you and Bust down I'm sure the Board will be hopping.

Been away this weekend... THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS! :(

Don, wishing you a fast and full recovery. If I lived a tad closer I'd be visiting you for sure bro! Keep up the spirits and follow the Docs instructions! ...oh, and when you feel like it, grab some (cute) nurses for a selfie and whip it up on FB :)

I know Ms Donna and Seth have you in good hands, but to give you some extra cheer, maybe I'll fly out Ms Debbie for an in-room Victoria's' Secret fashion show.

Report in when you can and feel like it!

What a shock to hear about this accident. Get well soon Don. Like George said Double damn, hate reading this stuff.

So sorry to hear about the wreck Don - i was looking forward to hoisting a bunch of margaritas with you and the crew next month down in ole Mehico.....

I'm still gonna have a bunch of them, might even have a few more in your honor!

Hope you heal up well

Think I'll call while he's taking drug meds and see if I can get a deal on a lightly used F800GS.

Spoke to Don this morning. He had surgery on his leg yesterday. The injury was to the bone and that was the reason for such concern about infection. His shoulder is a mess. He broke the socket off, and he'll be having the whole thing replaced with bionic parts. That surgery has to wait until they can make the parts (sorta like when you need your K1600 repaired
smile.png
), so Papa Chuy will be in the hospital for a good while.

Rode with the Irishman in Italy this past October. He was a little unstable on that scooter... Hope he heals quickly and gets back to a fairly normal life.... We old men don't heal like we did when we were young... One need only look at Old Michael to see what happens when you crash as an old man....Oxy is your friend.... I am looking at this as a glass half full episode.... At least there won't be as many stupid Irish jokes on the Forum! Heal quickly old man and remember that Bushmills is your friend... Rich