BeemerDonS crashes, is in hospital.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch, ouch, ouch damn Don...you really did it this time!

Follow Docs orders and behave yourself, get well my friend!

--G

Don, I just had a small discussion with my wife. I told her what a great guy you are going offroad in age 60 +. She, as a gp, said what a stupidity to go offroad in age 60 ! you should have studied this first:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p5x0p_science-of-stupid-episode-1_shortfilms

Now that you have time enough, take a close look at these series, pretty funny indeed.

Heal fast, so that you can try all that out
smile.png

I am sure you can trick the science few times

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, I just had a small discussion with my wife. I told her what a great guy you are going offroad in age 60 +. She, as a gp, said what a stupidity to go offroad in age 60 ! you should have studied this first:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p5x0p_science-of-stupid-episode-1_shortfilms

Now that you have time enough, take a close look at these series, pretty funny indeed.

smile.png

We're motorcyclists, we sometimes do stupid stuff. That's just the way it is.
bike.gif

I'm thinking that it is about time for you to find a nice warm Lazy Boy recliner and start to relax and leave the dirt riding to younger guys like me and Brian Boles....Old Irish guys don't bounce or heal like us Danes....By the way I sent Donna a walker for you to hobble around on....With the shoulder injury you will have to learn to sleep sitting in a chair... I know I had my shoulder done twice.

Rich

Don, fantastic that you are posting and on the mend.

Who kneeds percolete when you have Irish whiskey?

Shoulder on!

I'm thinking that it is about time for you to find a nice warm Lazy Boy recliner and start to relax and leave the dirt riding to younger guys like me and Brian Boles....Old Irish guys don't bounce or heal like us Danes....By the way I sent Donna a walker for you to hobble around on....With the shoulder injury you will have to learn to sleep sitting in a chair... I know I had my shoulder done twice.Rich
1. Thanks for the walker; also need a FULL SIZE bedpan!

2. Please research for me an Annchorage, Alaska Jeep Wrangler Rental from 7/29 to 8/12 (automatic/soft-top); I need authorization to take it on the Denali Highway, Thatcher Pass Road and to Kennicott/McCarthy.

3. As soon as I am recovered well enough to ride again, I am buying a new KTM 690 Enduro! JSNS!

Almost all rental car agencies in AK will make you sign a contract saying you will not take the vehicle on dirt roads. The contract will specifically list roads that are off limits. The list will certainly include all the roads you will want to drive.

When I lived in Fairbanks there was one small agency that had a few Explorers that they let go anywhere... at great cost. I don't recall the name, but search for local companies, not the big chains is my recommendation.

smile.png

We're motorcyclists, we sometimes do stupid stuff. That's just the way it is.
bike.gif
+1

The most dangerous thing any of us could do would be to lay around on the sofa "safely" vegging out, and waiting for what exactly?

Not talking about Don right now. Of course, he has some healing to get done. But when he's all healed up I imagine the call to ride again will be strong, both on and off the pavement. Riding off road is no more (and arguably considerably less) dangerous than riding on road. At least what happens to you is more within your own control off road.

A great quote from one of the best films of all time, IMO, The Shawshank Redemption:

Andy Defresne - "I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really; get busy living, or get busy dying."

Don,

Aren't you due a visit from the vixen of Vancouver island...you know, to kiss it and make it all better?