Being a smart shopper

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbeavk

Bigbeavk
Reaction score
Well as most people do this time of year it's time for new tires for me. Of course At 51 I wasn't born yesterday and happen to read all subjects on the forum daily. Let me say first that I understand shops have expenses and are in business to make money. Most would have to close if they were just there to say we love motorcycles and we will provide thte best service and parts prices because it is fun and we don't care about our own families making it through tough times. Most work 6 days a week and long hours.

But:

When someone quotes me $600.00 for a set of Michelin PR2's plus $185 to mount and balance excuse me but I have problem with that.

Thanks to the forum I knew to get my own tires for $235 a set with free shipping. And when I told the shop owner his prices were rediculous he dropped the $185 down to $115 and told me next time if I buy my tires there he would give me free mounting and balancing. WOW what a deal!!! almost $400 profit he will make on the tires and he's giving me the mounting all right. :rolleyes:

I'll have a tire machine by the end of this season and then anyone in the area can feel free to come over and we will have fun saving our money and doing it ourselves. Ok venting over time to ride!

:yahoo:

That dealer won't last if he keeps that bs up. Don't think I'd ever go back......couldn't trust them.

When someone quotes me $600.00 for a set of Michelin PR2's plus $185 to mount and balance excuse me but I have problem with that.
Sounds like he imports his tires from Canada..

Speaking of which, I need to call Petes Superbikes and order up a fresh set of PR2's.

When someone quotes me $600.00 for a set of Michelin PR2's plus $185 to mount and balance
Crikey! That's the Biblical version of "getting serviced!"

"And, lo, the dealer did service him, and he did walk funny for all the rest of his days..."