Being Seen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking several steps myself on my new (to me) '05 FJR. Just ordered 280 sqft of ScotchCal reflective sheeting (for other projects too!) as well as the new AdMore LED bar, and HID lamps. I'll be adding them over the next couple of weeks and sharing before/after pics.

AdMore LED bar installed

Before:

PD-AdMore_1-Before_zps655570ee.jpg

Right-sized grommet:

PD-AdMore_2-Grommet_zps5448c57e.jpg

Splice in the wires with PosiTap connectors and tuck into tail

PD-AdMore_3-Wiring_zpsace63f25.jpg

Tail light mode

PD-AdMore_8-Testing_zps19acf70d.jpg

Hazards on

PD-AdMore_9-Testing_zps196e7e26.jpg

Piece of cake!

PD-AdMore_5-Installed_zpsd771c209.jpg

For those interested, before you put on the dreaded yellow tape (my opinion), someone on here sells 3M stick ons for the back of the bags. Has a full FJR logo on them and when the lights hit them, they light up like nuts. But in daytime all you can see is the FJR logo. I don't remember who has the, but I really like them.
My 05 came with the FJR logo reflectors on the bags and they light up like a Christmas tree with headlights on them. They really should be stock!!!

I ordered bag reflectors from Real time industries the other day. I hope they come in before I leave this Saturday for a 9 day trip.

Big time fan of being seen. I bought the realtime industries bag kit too. Kit comes with two reflective pieces per bag, one large main panel for the bag and one stripe that goes on the edge of the lid. I figured the main reflective panel was enough for the rear and so put the smaller long stripe on the edge of my '14's adjustable matte black air deflector on the side of the bike. It's pretty much invisible daytime but give a nice nighttime reflection.