bell helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas transit

Reaction score
anyone using either a mag 8 or and apex? I did the search and couldn't come up with anything. thanks in advance. stan

anyone using either a mag 8 or and apex? I did the search and couldn't come up with anything. thanks in advance. stan
No - I used to buy Bell but the quality has slipped, IMHO, so I have moved on. The orginal company sold out some time ago.

Of course, you need to buy what YOU like.

Hello O.E. Thanks for the comeback. I understand that they have recently begun making helmets again in the states. I believe biffie was the co. that bought them. The reason I ask is the wife and I are trying to decide on open face and full face and the mag 8 had great reviews for an open face helmet. It can get pretty hot here in ks and she is concerned about a full face. Also since we are old school I know nothin about bike to rider comm. devices. we still just talk to eack other and a 3/4 helmet makes that possible. I'm not saying I wouldn't mind a full face with some sort of intercom but to tell you the truth I wouldn't know where to start.

Kansas, you can spend a wad of cash for your com device or, do the cheap like me :rolleyes: and hit up Radio Shack for a couple of Motorola's and hands free head sets. toss the clips add some velcro to the radio and your jacket and yer in for less than a C note.

Granted at ain't hi tech sound but, it serves the purpose. Even works bike to bike.

:jester:

Kansas, you can spend a wad of cash for your com device or, do the cheap like me :rolleyes: and hit up Radio Shack for a couple of Motorola's and hands free head sets. toss the clips add some velcro to the radio and your jacket and yer in for less than a C note.Granted at ain't hi tech sound but, it serves the purpose. Even works bike to bike.

:jester:

The Blue Toother's don't like you!!

I know nothing about the intercom systems either, but I love this idea. Sounds like a cheap thrifty alternative...

Thanks

kansas - It's been years since I looked at Bell, so can't really give you an informed opinion for any recent products they sell.

That said, I'm one of the "vocals" on this forum that believes you should take advantage of all the protection you can get - which is why I wear a full face. Kansas is hot - been there in August and you can boil eggs in a ditch - if you can find any water!

Again - you have to wear what you like - if 3/4 is what you and your wife like, then go with that. You can always open the visor on a full face, but I do understand the concern about heat in KS!!!

I'd go to the Bell site and find a dealer close where you can try one on.

Latest posts