Best bike cleaner / polish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Showtime cleaner.
It works well and does the one spray clean and shine that you are looking for.

Eric

I want something quick, not three stages, ......
I don't wash my bike too often, cuts in to my ridin time.

A simple bucket of water and soap, then wipe off.

My question ... is there a one shot spray on ... that goes on when the bike is still wet?? then wipe it off

and go ride??

and I did search fjrforum best cleaner and polish....

and what and how do you take some along for those show and shine rides??

B. :blink: :unsure:
=========

This sounds good also... never heard of it till now.....

B.

I then switched to ICE which states its good on plastic also and love the stuff. Easy and effective.
ICE from Turtle Wax is great stuff, but watch that you do not wash the seat with it.

Once a quarter or so, use the paste wax and fibercloth - easy on and off without white powder residue.

I use Wash N Wax from Motul. It works pretty good in my opinion. My what my buddy had in stock at his shop, so I bought it.

I also use the Honda Pro cleaner and polish. I agree it is "Da Bomb" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I should also note that I am very picky about how my ride looks. When I go riding I believe you should be looking good. I also enjoy the "cleaning" after . It's all part of the ride. My usual routine is to take her out for a ride (usually a full day of 12 + hours in the saddle) then the next day. Break out the Honda cleaner and a pot of coffee, then head to the garage and Spend some quality time detailing her out.

I like the the ICE liquid ( Turtle Wax)

It's quick and easy ,, and you don't seem to get white residue in the cracks , etc..

But it doesn't seem to take off any remaining water spots or bug guts missed during the wash..

I also use Meguiar's NXT tech wax 2.0 ,,, seems better for removing any left over water spots...

but you have to be more careful ,,, it will leave white stuff in your cracks...

it will leave white stuff in your cracks...
Auugghhh?!

Me, wash it once a month with good old zip wax, hit the rims and calipers and other grody spots with S100.

In between washes, dust it off with a swiffer before every ride. After every ride hit the windshield and front fairing to take the bugs off followed up with some Plexus - if it needs it.

The minute or two it takes after/before a ride pays big dividends in keeping the bike clean.

I also use the Honda Pro cleaner and polish. I agree it is "Da Bomb" :thumbsupsmileyanim: I should also note that I am very picky about how my ride looks. When I go riding I believe you should be looking good. I also enjoy the "cleaning" after . It's all part of the ride. My usual routine is to take her out for a ride (usually a full day of 12 + hours in the saddle) then the next day. Break out the Honda cleaner and a pot of coffee, then head to the garage and Spend some quality time detailing her out.
=======

Sounds good..... I'm not that studious... and it sounds like you need some alone time with her....

any r-rated pics.... :yahoo: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

B.

I like the the ICE liquid ( Turtle Wax) It's quick and easy ,, and you don't seem to get white residue in the cracks , etc..

But it doesn't seem to take off any remaining water spots or bug guts missed during the wash..

I also use Meguiar's NXT tech wax 2.0 ,,, seems better for removing any left over water spots...

but you have to be more careful ,,, it will leave white stuff in your cracks...
==========

Thanks O&S....... this ICE sounds good.

B.

I also use the Honda Pro cleaner and polish. I agree it is "Da Bomb" :thumbsupsmileyanim: I should also note that I am very picky about how my ride looks. When I go riding I believe you should be looking good. I also enjoy the "cleaning" after . It's all part of the ride. My usual routine is to take her out for a ride (usually a full day of 12 + hours in the saddle) then the next day. Break out the Honda cleaner and a pot of coffee, then head to the garage and Spend some quality time detailing her out.
=======

Sounds good..... I'm not that studious... and it sounds like you need some alone time with her....

any r-rated pics.... :yahoo: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, but no pics, ... But the wife does call her "the other woman". :D

Honda Pro Cleaner and Polish
+1 to that... best stuff out there, if you can find it. It was supposed to be banned in SoCal due to some EPA thing. My local dealer stopped carrying last year so I rode to Yuma AZ to get some. Last week saw it back on the shelfs at MotoWorld ElCajon.

My routine: wash with soapy water, rinse then blow dry with the leaf blower.

I tried that Motul Wash & Wax today after washing my bike. It leaves a nice smooth finish. It says you don't have to wash your bike first, but I wouldn't try that.

Matt

Not really mentioned, but one of the things I like best about Honda Polish is it's an "all surface" product.

Works great on paint, plastic, chrome (yikes), glass, windshields, helmet shields, - everything.

And all Honda shops carry it now (where a disguise going into a Honda or HD shop ! :ph34r:

I do use a spray on wax occasionally on the tank

it's carbosol systems "FastWax" with the Nascar sponsor car on the can

like it also and no white particles in the cracks

consider attending my New Orleans Ride to Eat Gathering March 6-9, '09 - more info CLICKY in my sig

Merry Christmas,

Mike in Nawlins'

Latest posts