Best Faceshield Cleaner?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I was wondering about this today and thought "Why not go straight to the source of all knowledge, the combined wisdom of the FJR community??" After I stopped laughing, I decided to ask for recommendations for a product that will do the following:

1. Clean my faceshield of road grime, rain spots, dried-up bug guts, what have you;

2. Provide some residual anti-fog protection in the cold;

3. Not spill and leak in my tank bag between uses;

4. Make me attractive to women;

5. Be readily available in lots of places without an $8 shipping and handling charge for a $6.95 product.

Even if you can only help with any four of the above, I'd like to hear what you use and recommend.

Make your own!

I use this stuff all the time.

3/$1 spritzer bottles at the local Dollar store.

microfibre towels 20 / $5 last a lifetime.

Carried in my tank bag, takes up only a little room.

That covers #1-3-5

Spit does cover #2 (until it freezes....) so hold yer breath until you get moving....

If yer Mom loves you then #4 is covered, otherwise if you are NOT attractive to gals and they know you ride an FJR then you had better talk to someone in a higher plane of existence, cool windshield cleaner is not the answer...

:rolleyes:

I watched Moosehead pull an aerosol can and a microfiber towel out of his sidebag. I thought to myself "He's travels with an arosol can in there?" After he cleaned the bugs off his faceshield, he let me clean mine.

When I got home, I bought a can.

Plexus

(eidited for spellong an gramar)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plexus is great shit. It does come in smaller cans for carrying on board. Somewhat pricey.

I've used this stuff for a while now: Meguire's Speed Detailer Available in your local big chain Auto Supply places. Pour some into some handy, smaller squeeze bottle, a few drops on the microfiber cloth and Bob's your Uncle. Smells indescribably good, too!! Hey it "enhances gloss & protection with polymer technology", so it's gotta be good.

Pledge or the generic wally world equivalent. Just cleans no anti fog properties but cheap and available. I'll be praying for #4.........can't hurt. :D

Pledge or the generic wally world equivalent. Just cleans no anti fog properties but cheap and available. I'll be praying for #4.........can't hurt. :D

Add>>>>pledge will give you a fresh smell > think that will help?

A moistened dryer sheet for bugs, followed by Pledge or Dollar store equivlant for polishing.

Plexus works great but do not use it on the inside of your sheild. It will mess up your anit fog coatings.

Use a clean microfiber cloth on the inside. Shouldn't be anything tough to get off the inside of the face sheild unless you sneeze in there.

Make your own! I use this stuff all the time.

3/$1 spritzer bottles at the local Dollar store.

microfibre towels 20 / $5 last a lifetime.

Carried in my tank bag, takes up only a little room.

That covers #1-3-5

Spit does cover #2 (until it freezes....) so hold yer breath until you get moving....

If yer Mom loves you then #4 is covered, otherwise if you are NOT attractive to gals and they know you ride an FJR then you had better talk to someone in a higher plane of existence, cool windshield cleaner is not the answer...

:rolleyes:

Buddy of mine uses this stuff and it definitely cleans well..but ammonia isn't good for plastics.

I carry a wet towel/bar mop and a microfiber.

I ordered a couple bottles of all kleer..webbikeworld raves about it we'll see..