Bikeless in Yuma

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey

Reaction score
On the off chance you SW FJR riders take a ride anywhere near here - I'd be a very willing passenger. I have an '03 and a KLR but was unable to get either down here for my three month stay. Renting is not an option as the prices are outrageous and besides I don't want a Harley. :rolleyes:

Kasey

Sucks to be you... for a few months. And Yuma is warm enough to ride for those 3 months.

No plans in that area, sorry. you have my sympathies.

Dk

Hello Kasey, If you wanted to drive up to Phoenix, you'd be welcome to borrow my '09 BMW F650GS Twin. As you know, I also owned a KLR for many years; and ergonomics on "mi Salma Hayek" are almost same as a KLR, maybe - even 1" lower!

Very Best Regards, Don & Seth Stanley [email protected] Home: 480-917-3863 Cell: 480-440-4666 Chandler, Arizona

Thank you very much for your kind and generous offer Don! I have no vehicle here but can easily get to Pheonix. I'll call you next week to see what can be arranged.

Pictures? Bounce says - well picture this; just your average white-haired FJR-riding great-granny. :) The CFR Vintage Riders Breakfast group pic shows me in the front.

Kasey

Hello Kasey, If you wanted to drive up to Phoenix, you'd be welcome to borrow my '09 BMW F650GS Twin. As you know, I also owned a KLR for many years; and ergonomics on "mi Salma Hayek" are almost same as a KLR, maybe - even 1" lower!
Very Best Regards, Don & Seth Stanley [email protected] Home: 480-917-3863 Cell: 480-440-4666 Chandler, Arizona

Thank you very much for your kind and generous offer Don! I have no vehicle here but can easily get to Pheonix. I'll call you next week to see what can be arranged.
Pictures? Bounce says - well picture this; just your average white-haired FJR-riding great-granny. :) The CFR Vintage Riders Breakfast group pic shows me in the front.

Kasey

Good Morning Kasey, Interesting news! My fine lady friend and fellow AZ Beemers Member Helen Davis from Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada has come down to Mesa, Arizona for the Winter. She came to my 61st Birthday Party last night at Buffalo Wild Wings in Gilbert. All my AZ Beemers and FJR Forum riding buddies were there: SkooterG, GSJane, buf2phx, TestRider, vectervp1 and even our Fairlaner came 500 miles to celebrate This Old Coot's Big B-Day!

Anyhow, Helen's very excited about an opportunity to ride with a Sister Canuckistaner. Just let us know what day for a ride?

Helen rides the same bike as my latest Beemer: 2009 BMW F650GS; it's Silver like mine, so you 2 will be twins on the road!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Kasey, Interesting news! My fine lady friend and fellow AZ Beemers Member Helen Davis from Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada has come down to Mesa, Arizona for the Winter. She came to my 61st Birthday Party last night at Buffalo Wild Wings in Gilbert. All my AZ Beemers and FJR Forum riding buddies were there: SkooterG, GSJane, buf2phx, TestRider, vectervp1 and even our Fairlaner came 500 miles to celebrate This Old Coot's Big B-Day!
Anyhow, Helen's very excited about an opportunity to ride with a Sister Canuckistaner. Just let us know what day for a ride?

Helen rides the same bike as my latest Beemer: 2009 BMW F650GS; it's Silver like mine, so you 2 will be twins on the road!
A belated Happy Birthday to you and what exciting news indeed. about Helen's arrival. I look forward to riding with you both. I am unable to get up your way for a couple of weeks and will be in touch once I have a firm date.

Cheers

Kasey

A belated Happy Birthday to you and what exciting news indeed. about Helen's arrival. I look forward to riding with you both. I am unable to get up your way for a couple of weeks and will be in touch once I have a firm date.

Cheers

Kasey
Kasey, anytime you can come to Chandler, just give me a call or post. Seth, I and Labrador are going to CA for Thanksgiving.

Don - homesick I'm NOT ..even with the Harrier (sp?) firing up at dawn this morning! We had a wee taste of winter overnight with a dozen drops of rain - yeah it's tough.

Nice chatting with you at CFR too Wheaton.

Kasey

Kasey; In case your getting Homesick already, It was -7 last night.....

Have a Great time down there.