BMS seat vs stock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAGO RUNNER

Reaction score
I have an 04 I bought with after market BMS leather seats. It seems to me like it huggs me up to the tank alittle. I sat an a new showroom model with stock seats and seems to be more comfy to me, was thinking of trading my BMS for the stock, and suggestions or any downs fall to the stock seat??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 04 I bought with after market BMS leather seats. It seems to me like it huggs me up to the tank alittle. I sat an a new showroom model with stock seats and seems to be more comfy to me, was thinking of trading my BMS for the stock, and suggestions or any downs fall to the stock seat??
Too bad you're on a GenI. I'd gladly offer the stock seat off my bike.

(just trying to help a brother out)

My take on the stock seat.....the stock seat is fine for several hours if you're riding in a somewhat leaned forward sport riding postion. The problem for me is after 4 plus hours I tend to start riding in a more upright postion. The stock seat is angled a few degrees up in the back, this causes my butt to get too much pressure in the upper areas, which cuts off blood flow and I get uncomfortable( that burning monkey butt). I bought a used sargent seat which has a slight pocket to sit in which pretty much solved my monkey butt. I did get the yamaha comfort seat, also used, and it is an improvement over stock, but not too much. I was going to sell it, but the passenger seat on the yamha comfort is pretty good and my wife likes it.

There's a bunch info info here about seats.......

My take on the stock seat.....the stock seat is fine for several hours if you're riding in a somewhat leaned forward sport riding postion. The problem for me is after 4 plus hours I tend to start riding in a more upright postion. The stock seat is angled a few degrees up in the back, this causes my butt to get too much pressure in the upper areas, which cuts off blood flow and I get uncomfortable( that burning monkey butt). I bought a used sargent seat which has a slight pocket to sit in which pretty much solved my monkey butt. I did get the yamaha comfort seat, also used, and it is an improvement over stock, but not too much. I was going to sell it, but the passenger seat on the yamha comfort is pretty good and my wife likes it.
There's a bunch info info here about seats.......
Thanks for the info... I will re think it..don't want none of that monkey butt...