** BRODIE NEEDS OUR HELP ** Serious Collision **

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Brodie! Heal fast, well and ride again soon!!!
You have spider harnesses to build man! (Yeah that's right. I actually said what everybody else was thinking.)

:)

Speedy recovery to you!

I can feel the love now....... :rolleyes: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

B.....

His wife Linda is with him right now..... I will see him in about an hour. I told him to look

his best for pics... he said he looks like a beauty queen.......... from a friggin horror movie, still has

blood in his hair....... perfect...... ;>

I am relaying all the posts to him, he doesn't feel up to going on line just yet...... Duh, Ya think !!

B

I just spoke with Brian (FJRONAMISSION). He's on his way down to the hospital to see Brodie.

We'll sort out the release stuff and I'll get Brodie's belongings tomorrow, and get them to him ASAP.

Brodie had been in Sacramento on Friday afternoon, checking on living arrangements for

his daughter who'll be going to college in the area this fall.

He PM'd me telling me my spider harness was ready, that he'd have it with him, and that he'd help me

install it.

"Cool!" says I.

Our man.

IMG_9429XXXXX.jpg

Show us the product, Brodie!

IMG_9440XXXXX.jpg

And the culprit. (Mine were pristine, because my heart is pure for some reason.)

IMG_9438XXXXX.jpg

Thank you, Brodie. Heal up fast.

IMG_9436XXXXX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Having had the honor of also having had a head-on on a 2 lane highway almost 5 years ago with similar results I can sympathise with all (except that up here we don't get air-evaced).

He will be stiff and sore as hell for a month or so and who knows how his wrist will mend, but it could have been a LOT worse.

The gods were smiling on him today.

I'm very bummed this happened.

I live in the next town north of Brodie (Fremont), and have a long-bed truck and a closed trailer that I've used to haul my fjr around. Let me know if I can help...either lifting, hauling or anything else.

Mike Peck

510-739-6789

I see a " Brodie" online reading this thread. I assume there is only one. That's good news! (that you are online)

Hang in there and please share what brand of helment you were wearing, when you are able.

I just spoke with Brian (FJRONAMISSION). He's on his way down to the hospital to see Brodie.We'll sort out the release stuff and I'll get Brodie's belongings tomorrow, and get them to him ASAP.

Brodie had been in Sacramento on Friday afternoon, checking on living arrangements for

his daughter who'll be going to college in the area this fall.

He PM'd me telling me my spider harness was ready, that he'd have it with him, and that he'd help me

install it.

"Cool!" says I.

Our man.

IMG_9429XXXXX.jpg
That coulda been a more fun report...

Best wishes to all....

Even you OM...

Sincerely....

Best wishes, good juju, postitive thoughts and energy your way...holy crap that sucks, but all things considered thank goodness its not worse. Hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

Mark

Well, shit.

Heal up, Brodie. Sooze and I are sending some get-well-soon mojo your way.

I hate these threads...

I just spoke with Brian (FJRONAMISSION). He's on his way down to the hospital to see Brodie.We'll sort out the release stuff and I'll get Brodie's belongings tomorrow, and get them to him ASAP.
OM,

Sounds like you've got the go-ahead to pick up Brodie's stuff. I'll PM you with my contact info so you have a backup plan.

I've got a long-bed Dodge pickup if it turns out Brodie wants you to haul the whole bike out of the wrecking yard...

RsvlFeej

Thank you, Patrick.No go-ahead yet, but it'll hopefully get worked out.

(Were they out of Fords? :D )
Hopefully you're able to do it. It seems like no matter what, we've got plenty of folks around willing to pitch in and help.

That is a good thing to know... if the shit hits the fans someone's got your back.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Brodie! :)

Just had 20 minute chat with Brodie!

He's in GREAT spirits and in remarkably good condition, considering what happened.

I'll let him fill in the details about his injuries, when he's able. He hopes to be released tomorrow or the Wed. at the latest.

Be sure to include Mrs. Brodie in your thoughts and best wishes. I think this has been incredibly unsettling for her.

He asked that I mention one important point.

-The car tire had nothing to do with the accident. :D

So, there's that.

I've gotta say, (and if you know him or have spent any time with him, you'll concur) Brodie is just a helluva good guy.

ALWAYS upbeat, endlessly patient, thoughtful, considerate, and just a remarkable individual.

I think we're all fortunate that he's come through this incident without far more serious injuries.

Collisions involving vehicles headed in opposite directions often involve fatalities.