Brought home a Beast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queensland Ken

Reaction score
Went shopping for a stablemate to compliment the FJR.

Was looking around for a future "classic" motorcycle that was in good condition.

I had to sell my 78 XS11 when I wasn't working and wasn't receiving disability.

Found a good example of a TL1000R

64jj4m.jpg

The bike has it's original plastics, keys, books & tools.

Had to change out the rear pads & bleed out the fluid for the roadworthy and managed to register it yesterday afternoon.

I was worried that the Yoshi pipes would fail, a bit too loud, so I fitted the originals.

I was shaking after my first descent ride, a bit of an insane bike.

xclpj8.jpg

Good for you, Ken! That was a good looking bike then and it is now. These were good, capable bikes that got a very bad rap and rep from bike magazine testers who said it had a dangerous front end instability. I'm not sure, but it seems eventually it was found the testers had the suspension settings, tire air pressures etc. all screwed up. Suzuki later fitted the thing with a steering damper but the damage to the bike's image was done. I think it was only in production two, maybe three years? This is also a high-strung version of the V motor in the modern V-Stroms, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you have the credentials for being an official DUC hunter!
hunter.gif

Bike looks a little like a bumble bee?
grin.gif
I like the Yoshi stinger!

Always thought I wanted one until I had the chance to ride one. I found the shape of the tank and the shape of me were not compatible and the trashed discs in my neck wouldn't allow that much bend. With the Yoshi pipes they make good music. Have fun with it.