california ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryfarnham

Reaction score
well 6,200km. in two weeks on the fjr yamaha 1300 with young daughter sierra on the back! She turned 16 on the trip! Great friends let us stay in south lake tahoe at a resort! Some of the best alpine passes this cowboy has ever been on including the ebbitt's pass at 9700 ft. the only primitive alpine pass in the states no center line! techically chalenging corner's in abundance! GOD blessed us with great weather and no major accident's. We also met a whole slew of people who treated us very well! I know I'll remember this trip for a long time and I do believe sierra will too! a side trip to san francisco was also included as was route 1 and 101 all the way up the west coast to endtown washington! GREAT RIDE! :yahoo:

well 6,200km. in two weeks on the fjr yamaha 1300 with young daughter sierra on the back! She turned 16 on the trip! Great friends let us stay in south lake tahoe at a resort! Some of the best alpine passes this cowboy has ever been on including the ebbitt's pass at 9700 ft. the only primitive alpine pass in the states no center line! techically chalenging corner's in abundance! GOD blessed us with great weather and no major accident's. We also met a whole slew of people who treated us very well! I know I'll remember this trip for a long time and I do believe sierra will too! a side trip to san francisco was also included as was route 1 and 101 all the way up the west coast to endtown washington! GREAT RIDE! :yahoo:

Yea yea. Now where are all the incredible pictures? Sounds like you had a great trip. I ride the same area every year, and it's amazing.

Thanks for reminding me why I moved back to the land of fruits and nuts. Hwy 4 is only about an hour from my house and I travel it whenever I can. Glad you enjoyed our neck of the woods, come back anytime!

And the U.S. is a considerably better value than when the looney was worth 65¢ U.S., eh? We will be up in southern BC this weekend, which is considerably more expensive than it used to be...but still worth it.

Latest posts