cee bailey headlight covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim T

Reaction score
I was getting ready to order a cee bailey windshield and they have a discount on headlight covers are these a good or a bad thing to have. thanks Jim T

I can't recall anybody having cracked the stock headlight cover from a road debris impact on this forum. Many bikes with over 90K that haven't used them and not significantly pitted or scratched.

To me it seems just another thing to reduce light output and clean between the cover and the surface.

But, obviously I don't run them. Others do and have been quite happy with them.

Just curious - I can't tell if these are actually "on sale", I am getting a price of 42.95 for clear, 49.95 for all others, when I try to order on their site.

What is the normal price?

Just curious - I can't tell if these are actually "on sale", I am getting a price of 42.95 for clear, 49.95 for all others, when I try to order on their site.
What is the normal price?
The dicount is 20% if you are bying a windshield at the same time. It comes to about $34.

FWIW, I put a set on my '04 just after I took delivery in '03. Six years later (!!), the headlights themselves still look pristine and I cannot say that about anything else on the front of the bike. No scracthes, no discoloration. No "cataracts" effect. It has not been a controlled experiment so I do not know what the headlights would look like without the covers. I am pleased with the Cee Bailey's covers, though.

I feel they keep my lights free of scratches and chips, a real plus when traveling in the city behind dump trucks. My protectors have a few nicks and some wear from the road. I rather have the rocks and sand hitting the covers and keep the oem lights protected. I've taken on 57 stone to the light covers with no damage to the head lamps. The paint didn't like it though, the covers only got a few pits, chips.... :)

I went with the 3M film for mine and they help with bug guts mostly,installation requires patience for sure and if priced more than 10 bucks,not worth it.But it does look cleaner than the lexan covers FWIW.

jazsr

At ~7kmi I'm already seeing pits in the stock covers, so I have been interested in one type or the other of added cover but have concerns about holding in more heat when running +50 bulbs, so haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I can't recall anybody having cracked the stock headlight cover from a road debris impact on this forum. Many bikes with over 90K that haven't used them and not significantly pitted or scratched.
To me it seems just another thing to reduce light output and clean between the cover and the surface.

But, obviously I don't run them. Others do and have been quite happy with them.
+ a few....

I figure.... if the rest of my bike is going to be exposed to the road elements...

Why not me headlamps.

WW

I've taken 2 hits to my left headlight on my 07 in 24k miles.Water doesn't get into the housing yet, so i've held off on buying a new headlight assembly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken 2 hits to my left headlight on my 07 in 24k miles.Water doesn't get into the housing yet, so i've held off on buying a new headlight assembly.
I have one for sale. Bought it from ebay for my 05. Got one for 07, the guy did not want to take it back.

Pm me if interested